Colorado Background Checks WAY Up

This is a discussion on Colorado Background Checks WAY Up within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In the recent past, I have made my purchases of guns and had to wait 20-30 minutes (once it was less than 15 minutes) for ...

Thread: Colorado Background Checks WAY Up

Colorado Background Checks WAY Up

In the recent past, I have made my purchases of guns and had to wait 20-30 minutes (once it was less than 15 minutes) for the background check to come back so I could complete my purchase.

Today, the Denver Post reported that gun stores are not even trying to estimate when their customers background checks will be completed. There are about 10,000 waiting in line for this process. An unnamed source said that it could be a 100 hour--or longer--wait to have the background checks completed with the current demand for background checks.

I will spare you any kind of superlatives to emphasize this situation. Those statistics, by themselves, are quite enough.

2. Remove Ads

Was at a gun shop this afternoon. They said its now over 11k in the que with no sign of slowing down. I'm going to the gun show on Saturday just to look around and maybe pick up a few accessories or some survival gear but I have to imagine that is really going to hurt the FFLs trying to sell guns at the show.

Links