It is starting!!

It is starting!!

This is a discussion on It is starting!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Andrew Cuomo has recently been quoted saying that confiscation of weapons is not out of the question as far as he is concerned. Sounds like ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 6 Post By Black Knight
  • 3 Post By xXxplosive
  • 1 Post By Drgnfly

Thread: It is starting!!

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar

It is starting!!

Andrew Cuomo has recently been quoted saying that confiscation of weapons is not out of the question as far as he is
    concerned. Sounds like he is bowing to Mayor (The Runt) Bloomberg since he is the one who really controls the State of
    New York.

When did the good citizens New York lose control of these demagogues?
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Didn't a British King try the same thing around 236 years ago? Look what happened to him and his followers. I hope people today are as strong as those back then.

IMO.................New York is the California of the East Coast............mostly cry babies and followers........waiting to see what the good people in Westchester County are going to do about a law suit against the Journal posting their Names and Addresses for the world to see.
    Probably nothin'............unless someone over there grows a pair.

I dunno guys i still think it's just a big scare tactic to keep us depressed and worried. This hopefully is a quick washout and I still think there won't be a ban on aw but a huge tax increase on guns and ammunition. I am hoping neither but you know just as I do something is going to change. We have too many liberals in the powerful political seats right now. I just don't understand why they feel like destroying our country for their own good and wrecking our founding fathers' idea of a free nation. It's extremely frustrating. I'm 28 almost H29 and for the most part, people my age just don't seem to care or not even know what I'm talking about. I have this friend/coworker who I argued with wednesday morning. He told me it was ridiculous for me to have a 30round magazine and also it was stupid to own an Ar-15. He made the all so famous claim "Why do you need that for self defense? You DON'T NEED that assault rife! They're military weapons!" I almost lost it but didn't want to cause a scene at work in front of my boss. He likes guns but voted for Obama BOTH elections so you can pretty much tell where his mentality comes from. He's a nice guy but just has NO clue what's going on. He always tells me that "They're not going to take your guns away from you, calm down" I just wish he knew the intentions of the current administration behind closed doors ya know!

Practically everything she / Finestine lays out is already in force here in NJ except we have a 15 round Mag. limit................does nothing to curtail crime here at all.....just look at Camden, Newark and even our state capital Trenton......muggings, murder, drive bys, robberies, hold ups, home invasions....we've got it all.

Doing our best.

An NY Senator already is looking to take action against the Journal news. Not sure what has been done about filing a suit against them thought. I'm one county over in Dutchess.

A member on NYF is making these up for anyone who wants. So we're trying to get the word out, and have everyone get their voices heard ASAP.
    Attached Files
    DontTreadOnI likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Didn't a British King try the same thing around 236 years ago? Look what happened to him and his followers. I hope people today are as strong as those back then.
    The first revolutionary war of the US was started and seen through because of a small handful of patriots getting the word out.

If our republic can be salvaged from the assault on the constitution we're seeing, the same thing will apply today. A slim minority will have the great responsibility of getting the word out to the masses. I think we all need to that in mind, and stay noisy about our rights. And by noisy I mean calling reps, writing opinion pieces for the newspaper, talking to people on the fence, and so on. We all need to get the word out fast and hard in every way we can.

Heard Face Book is cancelling out accounts that post anything about pro 2A.............guess I'll be cancelling my page next.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Heard Face Book is cancelling out accounts that post anything about pro 2A.............guess I'll be cancelling my page next.
    Mine's still up. Hasn't been taken down yet. Posted a lot of pro 2a stuff.

Andrew Cuomo? What? Isn't he in housing and urban development? HUD ? What? Some kind of political slum lord? Who cares what he has to say? He was appointed. He is sucking up to Mayor Bloomberg? Of NYC? New York ? That state is a lot bigger than that rotten apple. Give me a break.

The Dems are committing political suicide and I think some in the party are starting to realize that. If any type of gun control is passed I think it will be very watered down.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Practically everything she / Finestine lays out is already in force here in NJ except we have a 15 round Mag. limit................does nothing to curtail crime here at all.....just look at Camden, Newark and even our state capital Trenton......muggings, murder, drive bys, robberies, hold ups, home invasions....we've got it all.
    Maybe that's their plan. They see how good things are there in NJ, and they want to share the wealth with the rest of the country.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
    When did the good citizens New York lose control of these demagogues?
    I think NYC has exactly what they want. It's the rest of the state that suffers. NY state senate has the ability (but perhaps not the will) to fix that.

New York sissies:: for not exercising their second amendment rights:: I seem to remember we all did not the last time we had that weapons ban. I do not remember large amounts of gun owners coming together or protesting which might of changed the outcome. And our government knows this. They already know they have us because of what happened the first time. And as far as taking weapons away, they will look for the weakest link in the chain which will probably be New York or California because they still have in effect the weapons ban. You can't even get the NRA to come together with the gun rights of America. Even the discussion forums we are talking on here do not want to come together. They usually don't even want you to mention a different forum. If everybody would just come together, which will never happen, just imagine the strength we would have.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    @ thedogfather

Andrew Cuomo was head of HUD, but is now the Governor of New York.

New York City has almost half of the population of the entire state so my point was that they pretty much control the politics.

Kind of like the Atlanta Metro area here in Georgia.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Sponsored Links