Went to the range and shot my XD9 for the first time today. It's no longer mine. - Page 2

Went to the range and shot my XD9 for the first time today. It's no longer mine.

This is a discussion on Went to the range and shot my XD9 for the first time today. It's no longer mine. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Spovik You were given permission because she knows they're impossible to find. :) Congrats on both the new pistol and the new ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Went to the range and shot my XD9 for the first time today. It's no longer mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Spovik View Post
    You were given permission because she knows they're impossible to find. :)

Congrats on both the new pistol and the new shooter. It's always nice when you can share the hobby.
    Actually, this was the week before Christmas and I was standing in a gun shop looking at a Core 15 for $800. Called her up and got the go ahead and walked away with it the next day.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I bought four handguns for my wife before "I" found the perfect fit for her, LOL. The LCP- CT, had difficulty with the slide, SP101 .327- too big, S&W 36 (used but unfired)- did not like the little thingy sticking out (hammer)and the wooden grip. my next purchase was a LCR-CT, perfect fit for her and she loves it. Gee, for some reason "I" like all the guns she disliked. Guess I'll just have to keep them. LOL.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I just asked my wife if I could get another weapon and she held her fist up and asked if I wanted some of this...
    Darrow75 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    That's about the sum of it.

So this morning I'm on line and read the wonderful new gun control laws that are being introduced, so I tell my wife we're going to the range today so she can get used to firing a weapon and see what she might like. The last and only weapon she fired was a .22 at summer camp at least two decades ago.

By the time we were finished, my wife decided she liked my XD9 enough that she'd take it, and then told me to go buy another handgun. I ended up walking out with a Glock 23. Oh, and she also informs me that we're going to stock up on ammunition too.

Have I said how much I love my wife?
    Awesome....

Enjoy your new...newer buy

She's a keeper of ah Wife

Does she have an available sister you can introduce me to

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Once again, proof to the saying "What's mine is mine; what's yours is ours."

At least you got a new gun out of the gun grabbing.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Good luck finding any ammo in bulk for sale in just about any caliber.

I took advantage of just about every ammo dump online over the past 10 years. You had to know this was coming ? If not your walking blind without a cane.
    U.S. Army retired
    18F4VW9

Gotta LOVE THAT wife !!!!!!
    "Be not ye afraid of them: remember the LORD, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses." Nehemiah 4:14

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    I was recently given approval to buy an evil black rifle by my wife. She is awesome!
    Have you found one in stock? I live in Montana where every gun store (retailer, not pawn shop) has (had) AR's sitting on the the shelf. There isn't one left in my town left that is available. Luckily I ordered my receiver, a couple of PMags a couple day's before the tragic shooting, and was able to pick it up today. Paid less than 1/4 of the price that I see them going for now.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

[QUOTE=OldVet;2513502]Once again, proof to the saying "What's mine is mine; what's yours is ours."QUOTE]

My wife lives by that saying - but woe is me if I try using it.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    Have you found one in stock? I live in Montana where every gun store (retailer, not pawn shop) has (had) AR's sitting on the the shelf. There isn't one left in my town left that is available. Luckily I ordered my receiver, a couple of PMags a couple day's before the tragic shooting, and was able to pick it up today. Paid less than 1/4 of the price that I see them going for now.
    Yep. Got one of the last ones on the shelf. A Core 15...but it was just before Christmas, when there were till a few to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    TMI!!!

I just spent $557 (total) on 1000 rounds of 180 Grain FMJ Independence .440 SW, and Federal Estate 9mm Lugar 115 Grain FMJ Ammo.

So, 2000 rounds for a total of 28 cents a round isn't bad at all for what I was seeing out there.
    Last edited by Jemsaal; December 28th, 2012 at 07:44 PM.
    pittypat21 likes this.

I have been trying to get my wife out to the range. I know she will have a great time. Good choice on the 23! I am going to buy one as soon as I can find one.

Tho I'm not a 40 short & weak fan, I love the 40 cal Glocks. Own 22, 23, & 27. To me, the fascination is in the flexibility to have 40, 357 Sig and 9mm in the same frame and trigger system. Don't shoot the 40 (tho I could if needed). Have Bar-Sto, KKM, and Lonewolf barrels in various sizes. GLOCKS ROCK!!!!!!
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

StarPD45
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Sounds like you've created a monster, Dr. Frankenstein! Congrats on your new gun and getting the wife into the fold.
    That's a good kind of monster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links