Went to the range and shot my XD9 for the first time today. It's no longer mine.

This is a discussion on Went to the range and shot my XD9 for the first time today. It's no longer mine. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; That's about the sum of it. So this morning I'm on line and read the wonderful new gun control laws that are being introduced, so ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Went to the range and shot my XD9 for the first time today. It's no longer mine.

Went to the range and shot my XD9 for the first time today. It's no longer mine.

That's about the sum of it.

So this morning I'm on line and read the wonderful new gun control laws that are being introduced, so I tell my wife we're going to the range today so she can get used to firing a weapon and see what she might like. The last and only weapon she fired was a .22 at summer camp at least two decades ago.

By the time we were finished, my wife decided she liked my XD9 enough that she'd take it, and then told me to go buy another handgun. I ended up walking out with a Glock 23. Oh, and she also informs me that we're going to stock up on ammunition too.

Have I said how much I love my wife?

2. Remove Ads

Awesome. Should have bought another gun to backup that glock, or just don't let her shoot it.
    pittypat21 and zonker1986 like this.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Amen and pass the ammo

good choice on the 23!! Remember you can switch the barrels out with a .357sig and have some serious fun! I think the extra barrel that is Glock OEM is like 134.99. I've got the g22 and love it. Just got the g19c and really like the way it feels in my hands. The glock compacts are nice :) I'm planning on getting a glock gen 4 soon if I can scrape the money up or a police trade in.

I was recently given approval to buy an evil black rifle by my wife. She is awesome!
    pittypat21 and discoboxer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximpactguns View Post
    good choice on the 23!! Remember you can switch the barrels out with a .357sig and have some serious fun! I think the extra barrel that is Glock OEM is like 134.99. I've got the g22 and love it. Just got the g19c and really like the way it feels in my hands. The glock compacts are nice :) I'm planning on getting a glock gen 4 soon if I can scrape the money up or a police trade in.
    Really? That I didn't know. Cool! I bought it based on both price and feel. They let me take a rental out to the range for free and shoot it, and I really liked it. I also shot an XD40, but I didn't like the feel of the kick as much as I did the Glock. For years, I thought buying Glock was as much buying a name as buying a gun. Guess I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Inter9 View Post
    Awesome. Should have bought another gun to backup that glock, or just don't let her shoot it.
    agree. Once she shoots the Glock, you're gonna lose that one too.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    agree. Once she shoots the Glock, you're gonna lose that one too.
    Ahh, but that's where I smartened up, and bought a .40. The kick's a little much for her so she's not going to want to shoot it too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    Ahh, but that's where I smartened up, and bought a .40. The kick's a little much for her so she's not going to want to shoot it too often.
    LOL! Don't bet on that.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

^ Wise

until you find out that she's been going to the range without you, renting various hardware, and before you know it, she's up and left you for a Glock 21
    pittypat21 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk27 View Post
    ^ Wise

until you find out that she's been going to the range without you, renting various hardware, and before you know it, she's up and left you for a Glock 21
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Larz_NY View Post
    LOL! Don't bet on that.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Be safe!
    You both have me cracking up. Of course AZ-Larz, if she does that, then I get to buy ANOTHER one, and get my XD9 back as a backup. That's a nice little weapon to have as a backup!

Oh geez! My email just flashed in my screen - five emails from my wife on holsters, purse holsters, all types of holsters, etc. I think she's addicted. Maybe I oughta start thinking about reloading my own brass.
    brocktice and pittypat21 like this.

VIP Member
    Sounds like you've created a monster, Dr. Frankenstein! Congrats on your new gun and getting the wife into the fold.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Permission to buy ammo and EBR's are one thing. Finding them (and not paying with a kidney) is quite another.

Congrats on your new purchases, and welcome to the forums.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    I was recently given approval to buy an evil black rifle by my wife. She is awesome!
    You were given permission because she knows they're impossible to find. :)

Congrats on both the new pistol and the new shooter. It's always nice when you can share the hobby.
    Skygod likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    That's about the sum of it.

So this morning I'm on line and read the wonderful new gun control laws that are being introduced, so I tell my wife we're going to the range today so she can get used to firing a weapon and see what she might like. The last and only weapon she fired was a .22 at summer camp at least two decades ago.

By the time we were finished, my wife decided she liked my XD9 enough that she'd take it, and then told me to go buy another handgun. I ended up walking out with a Glock 23. Oh, and she also informs me that we're going to stock up on ammunition too.

Have I said how much I love my wife?

I own both. I like my G23 much more than the XD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links