We should keep a running list of vendors that are price gouging - Page 3

We should keep a running list of vendors that are price gouging

This is a discussion on We should keep a running list of vendors that are price gouging within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by zacii I could not believe my eyes when i saw the price of this GI mag: Mag AR-15 Colt Factory GI Issued ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: We should keep a running list of vendors that are price gouging

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I could not believe my eyes when i saw the price of this GI mag:

Mag AR-15 Colt Factory GI Issued M16 30 Round

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Good lord, I got an email yesterday and thought it was bad enough that those magazines were $99.95, 12 hours later they're $129.97!

I guess that means people are actually paying those prices. Insane..

Price gouging is really something that happens at the beginning of a hysteria like this. Like cheaper than dirt raising agazine prices the same day as SandyHook. Right now its supply and demand. If companies sell mags for 20 dollars right now or sell 600 ars they wont have anything left oon the shelves. Its really survival and keeping up with the store down the street. Grabagun is still the most reasonable store online imo. But its the only store im willing to order from online in the first place. i hope cheaper than dirt birns in hell

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Every store Ive been to locally is doing the same....... extreme price increases.

Quote Originally Posted by palmcoaster View Post
    Every store Ive been to locally is doing the same....... extreme price increases.
    We have a new store here. Theyre smart enough to use this to build a customer base. Somehow they always have a ton of ammor. And they're still selling surplus AKs at 750

And on top of all this is the old vendor's trick of raising the price on something that isn't selling. Got an item that won't move? Raise the price! This doesn't work on people who 'shop around' but it does work. And how much more effective it is when you tell them (or they perceive) that "these won't be available for long!" "Buy it now before the price is even higher!" also works well. People will buy all kinds of stuff when they think it soon won't be available. "Do I need this? What if I decide I need it and then can't get it!!!"

I'll bet a lot of this is being driven by people who never owned firearms before. And if that were true, it wouldn't be all bad, assuming they get into it enough to be safe and responsible.

Oh, and I like Zamboni's "Smokey Bear" pic. I found this one floating around somewhere...probably here! It's my favorite!

smokey.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NCSoxFan View Post
    I've gotten plenty of good deals through Cheaper Than Dirt during "normal" times. It may suck for those looking to stock up on supplies now, but I'm not going to knock any company who raises prices to meet demand. I'm pretty surprised by the number of people who have their panties in a twist over recent price increases.
    Cheaper than dirt posted 70 dollar p mags on december 14th around 6 O'clock. Thats not supply and demand that's disgusting

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    The market conditions we are currently experiencing do not fit the supply and demand model, except in the crudest of sense. in order for supply and demand to hold, there must be perfect competition, meaning (amongst other things) that no participant influences the price of the product it buys or sells. This is not the case here as these are aberrant market conditions being negatively influenced by outside forces that are causing the markets to skew away from a point of equilibrium.
    The gun market has not been at equilibrium for the last 10 years. That is why you see new builders coming into the market constantly. IF the market was in equilibrium even before this, there where many items constantly out of stock, and special orders taking months. This is agreat respresentation of market forces.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Has anyone even thought that retailers like Cheaper Than Dirt have raised their prices because their suppliers raised their prices? I mean really. If CTD used to buy magazines for $20 and now they cannot get them for less than $100, of course they are going to pass on those costs. It is NOT their fault. I do not know who is raising prices, but we should find the culprit first before assigning blame.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

That's right. The middle-man always gotta take his cut.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links