Why does anyone need an AR?

This is a discussion on Why does anyone need an AR? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I like how this guy put it: WHY does anyone NEED an ASSAULT RIFLE? - YouTube...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NC Bullseye

Thread: Why does anyone need an AR?

2. Remove Ads

Pretty well said although instead of focusing on the core constitutional points and showing others how they are flat wrong he gets into too many of the emotional details and rat holes. And that's why he will not get much accomplished except some exciting Jerry Springer style arguments with others. It was refreshing to see a black man not swept up with the other cattle.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    This guy has a great channel. Check out all his videos, especially "you know you're a gun nut when..."

I saw this on youtube a few days ago, I just didn't know how to put it here for others to see.
    I did enjoy his thoughts, and would enjoy his time out on the range, he makes good sense but they won't listen or watch it.
    thanks for posting it.

AR = Armalite Rifle not Assault Rifle
    Bad Bob likes this.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    He is a plain speaking young man and I like that. I appreciate his views (I've seen several of his videos). The problem is that the word "assault" implies an aggressive intent. Why not call it a Semi-automatic Defense Weapon...that would be much more accurate as to how it is used (and intended to be used) among us citizens.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

I like him, well said

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is responsible for his actions....Ronald Reagan

America is all about "WANT" not "NEED". Who gets to decide what I need? The government?
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

This is a 3 year old video about an awesome lady, that seems to address the points from a earlier comment, plus she makes a real good comment about "Assault Weapons". I have been having trouble posting links lately, so hopefully I'll get it right tonight. First time I saw this, all I could think was............. "Marry me".

Dr. Suzanna Hupp testimony (Better Quality) to Congress on the Second Amendment - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    This is a 3 year old video about an awesome lady, that seems to address the points from a earlier comment, plus she makes a real good comment about "Assault Weapons". I have been having trouble posting links lately, so hopefully I'll get it right tonight. First time I saw this, all I could think was............. "Marry me".

Dr. Suzanna Hupp testimony (Better Quality) to Congress on the Second Amendment - YouTube
    I saw that somewhere before (before YouTube) good testimony

Terrible story about what happened to her parents. I couldn't stand the smirks on some of the faces as they listened to her tell about her experience

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is responsible for his actions....Ronald Reagan

NICE, smart and brave lady pointing out BRADY was shot with a 22 handgun. I now remember this footage but wow it's no less sad to hear now. Everyone NEEDS to watch this.

QUOTE:
    "It takes one second to change a clip"

QUOTE:
    "I made the stupidest mistake of my life, leaving my gun in my car, due to Texas law"

QUOTE:
    "People this is NOT about hunting, it's about 2A and protecting ourselves from all of you guys up there"

Seriously, every needs to have seen this video.... !!!!!!!!

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    I really only own mine because they are so hated and going to be banned
    So I felt I needed to excersize my rights and bought one or two

Links