Too good not to share

This is a discussion on Too good not to share within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by DaGunny "To support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic"...meant it then, mean it now. I took the same ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Too good not to share

Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    "To support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic"...meant it then, mean it now.
    I took the same oath and still consider it my duty!!!!!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

2. Remove Ads

"To support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic"...meant it then, mean it now.
    Too bad many have forgotten the oath they took, I for one have not forgotten it.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member
    I have taken no oath, but I know right from wrong... same results.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    I don't personally know of anyone who has ever untaken that same oath! Gee, there is something also about 'lawful orders' in there too.

I wonder how many US Citizens would consider both a violation of the 2A (which immediately implies that the 4A and 5A go right out the window at the same time...) and an immediate Police State to enforce it, would eventually destroy the bill of rights. The 1A is still teetering on being a shell of a right, at this point.

When the protections go........... so Goes the USA, as we have established it. There will no longer be a true balanced system of Gov and Laws based on rule of law.

Also don't forget that this is a direct attack on personal property rights.
    Badey likes this.

I've taken the oath twice, I don't plan on breaking it any time soon. The oath the military officers take bothers me just a bit though.

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    As I posted in another topic. If it ever came down to firearms being declared illegal and a 30 day grace period was given for surrendering the weapons many would be turned in given up without a fight simply because law abiding gun owners are just that, law abiding.

Not every gun owner is a veteran, 2A hard liner, ready to confront LE who come to get their guns. They would not want to face jail time, fines or a physical fight to keep a gun. Yes there would be many who would hold out, hide what they have, fight to the death and so on but not many.
    I've said before, "Most" people will "go along with the program" until they are hungry and by then you are already screwed

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Yes, I swore to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic each of the six times that I re enlisted and meant it then and now.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Re: Too good not to share

I don't know how many would physically resist confiscation but I suspect quite a few will ignore registration or confiscation requests. The harm that will result from turning millions of law abiding citizens into criminals may well rival prohibition.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links