Just got back from the gun show

This is a discussion on Just got back from the gun show within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I haven't been to a gunshow in quite a while. The last time I went to one, I discovered the price on just about everything ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Just got back from the gun show

I haven't been to a gunshow in quite a while. The last time I went to one, I discovered the price on just about everything was out of sight! And that wasn't when everyone was panic buying! I was amazed at what ammo, bullet, powder, primers, etc. were going for! I saw a few good deals, but not enough to make me want to bother going back! I think most of the people that were buying weren't aware that there were a lot of local gun shops selling stuff cheaper than the "dealers" at the gun show. I think a lot of people just think that a gun show has a lot of good "deals", and aren't really aware of what prices are or should be. The more knowledgeable people just were not buying! Just my .02.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    How many people died with all those guns there?
    About 5.56%

They were the one's that stopped to shop the AR tables, they all had a heart attack. They couldn't take the sticker-shock

Bet I was at the same show.

With there being only one show in the metro yesterday, I'm sure we were at the same show. I took my 7 yo son for his first show.

Can't answer the OPs questions. Just wanted to chime in on wow, yeah, the prices. $40 mags, black rifles $1,700 and up, and all that.

Speaking of all the deaths and mayhem at the show, for the first time I was concerned about all the knives. Being 7, he wanted to finger everything, even though we had a good talk beforehand about how he won't be allowed to handle the guns. I should have had the opposite conversation - handle all the guns you want, just don't touch the knives.

The guns are all harmless, what with the zip tied actions, many roped together through the trigger guards, etc. Lots of sharp knives all loose and within arms reach. He was still really well behaved and respectful. Made for a proud dad.

Then, when we got home, after seeing all those beautiful untouchable weapons, I had to get out my sig and let him handle it for a bit to get it out of his system.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Thanks for being part of the problem then.....there is enough gouging of prices as it is with the retailers.
    Ouch. I guess I don't look at it like that. I mean, isn't everything for sale for the right price?

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mbecks21 View Post
    Ouch. I guess I don't look at it like that. I mean, isn't everything for sale for the right price?
    As long as there is some dummy willing to pay the price

Quote Originally Posted by mbecks21 View Post
    It's cool dude...just saying that everyone as been whining about price gouging. It bothers me inprinciple but not so much inreality..I have already stockpiled stuff for years so these "crisis" times don't affect me at all.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links