Just got back from the gun show

This is a discussion on Just got back from the gun show within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The wife and I went to a gun and knife show this morning. I drug her along so she could hold some smaller handguns because ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Just got back from the gun show

The wife and I went to a gun and knife show this morning. I drug her along so she could hold some smaller handguns because she really wants one (I also want one for carrying in the summer months). They had tons of handguns so she got hold them all but her favorite is the Kahr CM9. Now I dont know a whole lot about Kahr but based on the reviews I read its a solid gun. We didn't buy anything because prices were way too high. Most people were gathering around the AR tables trying to talk the vendor down from they're insanely high prices! Great show other wise. Now to just find a good price on a CM9... Probably gonna have to wait a bit till some of the gun sites are working again. Though I do have a $100 Fleet Farm gift card...

I'm piecing my ar together. I'm not paying a ridiculous price for one altogether when I can build my own the way I want it. Some of the parts I'm just waiting to come off from backorder.
    Drgnfly likes this.

I was actually thinking about selling mine for a high price. Then after everyone calms down and the prices drop I'll buy another one and make a sweet profit!
    aus71383 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mbecks21 View Post
    I was actually thinking about selling mine for a high price. Then after everyone calms down and the prices drop I'll buy another one and make a sweet profit!
    Or things might not calm down and then you can't buy one any more and you don't have an AR...
    bseal likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

My wife and I just got back from a gun show too. PMags all around $50. Looks like I got my AR purchase just under the wire. I picked up a Core 15 for $800 just over a week ago. Saw the exact same rifle at the gun show today going for $2350. With the MOE version at $3000. The guy selling heard me comment and told me that he was a Core 15 authorized dealer and that Core 15 had jacked up the pricing to him...Whelp...just checked out their website and their MSRP has not changed. $1300 for the MOE and $900 for the standard M4 model. People are still out looking to buy though. I've never see this show so packed.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    Looks like I got my AR purchase just under the wire. I picked up a Core 15 for $800 just over a week ago. Saw the exact same rifle at the gun show today going for $2350. With the MOE version at $3000. (snip) Whelp...just checked out their website and their MSRP has not changed. $1300 for the MOE and $900 for the standard M4 model.
    Pretty much matches my experience. Yesterday I put in an order for a CMMG at my local store who contacted the distributor and put it on back order allocation. I was told that the MSRP $1200 with MOE was a firm price and they may be able to do better. I have heard about the last ones leaving the stores at a price of $3K cash.

We have a good gun show in town today and tomorrow. However, my son and I are of one mind: We are not going until the current level of frenzied panic buying settles down.

After the Aurora Movie Theater murders here in Colorado, I went to the next gun show and was floored by the onset of the panic buying and the stunning numbers of people that have suddenly discovered gun shows.

How many people died with all those guns there?
    kerberos likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by .45acpguy View Post
    We have a good gun show in town today and tomorrow. However, my son and I are of one mind: We are not going until the current level of frenzied panic buying settles down.

After the Aurora Movie Theater murders here in Colorado, I went to the next gun show and was floored by the onset of the panic buying and the stunning numbers of people that have suddenly discovered gun shows.
    I'm guessing it is the same show that I was just at. Tanner,right? It was so packed we almost left immediately. I thinned out a bit and we ended up staying and picking up a few odds and ends but the AR and AK prices were outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    I'm guessing it is the same show that I was just at. Tanner,right? It was so packed we almost left immediately. I thinned out a bit and we ended up staying and picking up a few odds and ends but the AR and AK prices were outrageous.
    We usually always go to the Tanner shows, never miss them in the past 10 years or so but today.....just stayed away. It must have been a madhouse! Channel 9 news had a story on the show and the lady protester. Guess nobody went home with a gun with the huge background check backlog!
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

Quote Originally Posted by mbecks21 View Post
    Thanks for being part of the problem then.....there is enough gouging of prices as it is with the retailers.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    How many people died with all those guns there?
    All of them.
    BigJon10125 likes this.

Yeah I have enough gear to not fall into this panic buy mode and reload too. I just need to get some pistol mags so my current ones don't become worn out during whatever they manage to pass I think my 5-6 pmags will get me by though. And there's always going to be some way to acquire among friends and shooters. Walmart shelves are also bare. Funny looking to see so little. If you can stand odd colors you may still find some pmags though

Thanks for being part of the problem then
    Capitalism and Supply and Demand do not rely on one mere seller or purchaser.
    BigJon10125 and goldmaster like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Capitalism and Supply and Demand do not rely on one mere seller or purchaser.
    I agree and not dogging the gentleman personally but the problem is everybody jacking the prices up....be it an individual or corporation. It might be legal and the way it is done but it bothers me.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links