Defensive Carry banner

Why good people need AR15s

2K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  CDW4ME 
#1 ·
http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/Mass...utm_campaign=Feed:+MassadAyoob+(Massad+Ayoob)

An excerpt:

In the last twenty years, we have seen epic mob violence in American streets. During the Rodney King riots in Los Angeles, Korean storekeepers armed with AR15s kept their stores and livelihoods – and lives – from the torches of inflamed crowds because the mob feared their force multipliers.
I thought I'd share this because it's full of good reasoning that we can share with reasonable people, which may be otherwise ignorant of the uses of ARs in everyday life.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

#2 ·
Good article. Thanks for posting the link. I just sent the link to a bunch of people I know, including one who is of the opinion that no one "needs" a "assault rifle" and "high capacity CLIPS" except for the military or police.:rolleyes: Hopefully, he will read the article and "see the light"! I think most of the other people I sent it to have already seen the light--a long time ago. A couple of them even own those "evil" assault rifles!:yup:

Reactions: tony1990
#4 ·
Eh...

Maybe not necessarily "need"...

More like just have the RIGHT to own...

I am confident i can hold my own with my 870 and 336...

Agree with the articles premise though, good stuff.

:hand15:

#7 ·
Eh...

Maybe not necessarily "need"...
You never need it, until you do.

If you had to stare down a mob, would you really grab your 336 if you had access to an AR or AK?

If that's all you have or want, that's fine. But it's very near sighted to say that they aren't needed.

First rule of fighting: there are no rules.

We want to take every advantage to destroy the wolves that prey on us.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Reactions: co9mil
#12 ·
While the AR 15 is not near the top of the list of rifles I'd choose if I was incorporated into a defensive militia (at my age) and needing to provide my own rifle, I'm a good person and upstanding citizen and deserve the liberty of owning an AR 15, proper ammunition, and suitable supporting accouterments.

The fact that I'd select the M1A, M1, Model 1903 or 1903-A3, or maybe even the Enfield No. 4 Mk1 or No. 4 Mk 2, or even acquire an AK 47, all before I'd choose the AR 15 has no bearing on the degree of "need" for the rifle.

Reactions: G-man*
#16 ·
There are so many videos out there of large block party mob scenes and a single gunshot rings out and every single person goes running. Sure, you might want a 30-round clip to attack the zombie horde or whatever, but in actual practice, people seem to try to avoid walking into gunfire.

No, I'm not arguing that any restriction is needed now. It never stopped anything before and it won't stop anything now. Just pointing out that defense is different from offense.

Reactions: G-man*
#17 ·
While it is hard to imagine, there are mobs of a different color, which can rear their ugly heads.

We are not just dealing with random flash mobs, but organized ones. Whether they be organized by crime bosses, drug lords, or alphabet agencies.

#18 ·
While it is hard to imagine, there are mobs of a different color, which can rear their ugly heads.

We are not just dealing with random flash mobs, but organized ones. Whether they be organized by crime bosses, drug lords, or alphabet agencies.

These are highly improbable, yet, but not impossible. And they have sprung up from time to time even in our f
avored country.
If I had that to worry about, I think I would prefer to dig into my old footlocker, get out my face camo, Ka Bar, and slit their throats under the cover of darkness:wink: Leaves a longer impression.

Reactions: zacii
#23 ·
#25 · (Edited)
Actually he (they) did NEED an AR

My 9 year old son shot this buck yesterday, his first deer ever.
He had gone hunting six times before without ever seeing a deer.
Finally he got his chance and shot this buck that was only 5 - 7 yards away from our blind.

Why did he need the AR?
The combo of semiauto action and .223 makes for a light kicking rifle, important for a small stature shooter.
The adjustable stock allowed him to get a proper fit; I have a youth size .243 bolt action and it (stock fit) wouldn't work for him.

My 7 year old used a .223 AR to shoot his first deer too, a doe; he was successful back in October on his first day of hunting ever.
His doe was just 15 yards away when he shot.
He needed the .223 AR for the same reasons mentioned above.

Rifle is a Windham SRC with Bushnell TRS red dot. They both used my handload, a 60 gr. Nosler Partition at just over 2,800 fps.

Deer hunting Trophy hunting Hunting Wildlife biologist Deer

Deer hunting Hunting Wildlife biologist Deer Trophy hunting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.