anti gun friends having a change of heart? - Page 2

anti gun friends having a change of heart?

This is a discussion on anti gun friends having a change of heart? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I''ve noticed a great deal more interest but among women. I've had three different ladies ask for gun recommendations through Facebook. My wife's Sunday school ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: anti gun friends having a change of heart?

I''ve noticed a great deal more interest but among women. I've had three different ladies ask for gun recommendations through Facebook. My wife's Sunday school ladies class started today with most wanting to do CCW class together. At the local range Ladie's night about a third were school teachers.
    tkruf likes this.

The only anti-gun "friends" I know are on FaceBook, and all of them are gun owners, to boot . Most of them are from California, so they must drink the same water as Diane Feinstein. I'm astonished at their ignorance of the firearms they own, as well as firearms in general. My husband's best childhood friend has grown up around guns (dad's an NRA life member), yet won't clean her guns out of fear (her dad comes over, and she leaves the house). She thinks that all semi-autos (rifle and pistol) should be banned. I asked her what kind of pistols she owns, she claims that they're not revolvers, but they're definitely not semi-automatic, cuz she can't make them "rapid fire." And she's glad I'm 2,000 miles away, since my concealed carry makes her "uncomfortable." Excuse me, but the mere knowledge that she and others like her handles firearms at all is a thousand times more frightening than a trained, safety-conscious, non-fearful gun owner like us.
    brocktice likes this.
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

"John" and I have been freinds for 24 years, he has been afraid of guns since I've known him. John was not against gun ownership but didn't think a firearm was necessary for home protection, maybe due to his fear of guns.

John called me last week asking for advise regarding the purchase of a pistol or revolver that both he and his wife can use for home protection, he then told me that his son had recently been mugged, pistol whipped and his car hijacked but thats not why he wanted to purchase a firearm.

I invited John and his wife to come to my house and I would show them different pistols and revolvers, sa, sa/da, sao ect., talk about firearm safety and then go shoot some various pistols and revolvers.John thought that is a great idea and they will come over next week.

You'all have any other suggestions while I have their attention?

P.S. Introducing people to firearms is almost as rewarding as introducing people to our Lord and Saviour!
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    If you died today and stood in front of God and He asked you " Why should I let you into My Heaven?" what would you say?

Quote Originally Posted by goldmaster View Post
    "John" and I have been freinds for 24 years, he has been afraid of guns since I've known him. John was not against gun ownership but didn't think a firearm was necessary for home protection, maybe due to his fear of guns.

John called me last week asking for advise regarding the purchase of a pistol or revolver that both he and his wife can use for home protection, he then told me that his son had recently been mugged, pistol whipped and his car hijacked but thats not why he wanted to purchase a firearm.

I invited John and his wife to come to my house and I would show them different pistols and revolvers, sa, sa/da, sao ect., talk about firearm safety and then go shoot some various pistols and revolvers.John thought that is a great idea and they will come over next week.

You'all have any other suggestions while I have their attention?

P.S. Introducing people to firearms is almost as rewarding as introducing people to our Lord and Saviour!
    What you are doing is fine. My wife and I did this with a couple at our church. He had not fired a handgun in years and his wife, never. Took them to our local range and they had a good time and understand now that firearms can be a good thing.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Anti gun Senator R.C. Soles ( D-NC ) shot one intruder in his home last week. I guess they have the right to defend themselves. If we get shot and survive we get Obama care !

Quote Originally Posted by ohio06 View Post
    Anti gun Senator R.C. Soles ( D-NC ) shot one intruder in his home last week. I guess they have the right to defend themselves. If we get shot and survive we get Obama care !
    Last week? snopes.com: Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder

Looks like it is close to 4 years ago.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Going into the '94 ban a co-worker who had made negative comments about "assault weapons" evidently was trying to find one to buy without luck and asked if I would sell one of mine. As many here know overly politeness ain't one of my faults. It's these Johnny-Come-Latelys that are causing most of the supply depletion, can't say as I'd help any of them with anything.

My Mother-in-law asked me today for a gun recomendation, I told her i would get back to her after we go to the rental range later. What should i recomend her??? She lives alone and is over 50 (wont say how over) and is 4'11", so something small is all i know.

Quote Originally Posted by WINTEJER000 View Post
    My Mother-in-law asked me today for a gun recomendation, I told her i would get back to her after we go to the rental range later. What should i recomend her??? She lives alone and is over 50 (wont say how over) and is 4'11", so something small is all i know.
    A revolver. If she wants it just for the home, a .38 in something with a 3" or 4" barrel would be good. That will give her something with some power (not a .22) and yet help with recoil. An old Model 10 for example, or a 3 or 4 inch barrel J-frame.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links