Something we all can do

This is a discussion on Something we all can do within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've seen a few threads here and on a couple of the other forums, about what we can do to try to stop this assault ...

Thread: Something we all can do

Something we all can do

I've seen a few threads here and on a couple of the other forums, about what we can do to try to stop this assault weapons ban from becoming law. I suppose a giant march on Washington would be great, but I don't know if there is enough time to set up something like that, and besides, I wouldn't know where to start.
    But I do know something we all can do. Please try to introduce at least 2 people to firearms in the next month. Try educating them, and if possable, try to take them to the range with you and let them experience the shooting sport, And most of all, try, try try to get them to join the NRA, or at leas one of the gun rights groups. I plan to enroll both of my stepsons in the next few days, and to try to introduce a couple of other people to firearms as well. I know some of you don't like the NRA, but please swallow your pride and join if you are not a member. I promise you that the NRA's enrollment figures is one things the folks in Washington are looking at.
    Now this is something we all can do. PLEASE TRY.

Donnie D
    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

2. Remove Ads

Good suggestion. I believe the best thing we can do to protect our 2A rights is educating those who fear guns and help them transition to responsible gun owners and operators. I often cringe at those who celebrate the influx of new gun owners as too often it leads to tragedy. Here in North Carolina we've had two headlines in as many weeks of minors dying in accidental shootings. While the loss of life is tragic enough it also provides ammunitiion to the gun control advocates to clamp down.
    Kudos for taking the proactive grassroots approach.

I agree. I have already changed the mind of 3 coworkers and friends.

Links