MINI 14 - I DIDN'T THINK IT LOOKED TO BAD FOR A 35 YEAR OLD FIREARM (Pic Heavy)

This is a discussion on MINI 14 - I DIDN'T THINK IT LOOKED TO BAD FOR A 35 YEAR OLD FIREARM (Pic Heavy) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; IMG_2416.jpg IMG_2423.jpg IMG_2440.jpg IMG_2443.jpg IMG_2444.jpg IMG_2447.jpg Thought I'd share my newly face lifted mini 14. It's an old 181-1xxxx, so to my understanding it was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: MINI 14 - I DIDN'T THINK IT LOOKED TO BAD FOR A 35 YEAR OLD FIREARM (Pic Heavy)

IMG_2416.jpgIMG_2423.jpgIMG_2440.jpgIMG_2443.jpgIMG_2444.jpgIMG_2447.jpg

Thought I'd share my newly face lifted mini 14. It's an old 181-1xxxx, so to my understanding it was manufactured between 1978-1979. She's a reliable little beast. Accuracy is alright, but I have an accu-strut in the mail along with a vortex red dot sight. I modified the ATI stock forehand rail to sit up a little closer to the mag well so it has a better balance and feel. I also used some of the wife's nail police and non-acetone remover to color fill all of the engraving to make it stand out a little better. I added a picture of the original wooden stock to give you an idea of how it use to look, just your standard mini. I hope you guy's and gal's enjoy! Give me some feedback!

Thanks,

B

nice looking rifle, just don't loose the wood furniture. I prefer the original look of the mini.
    msgt/ret and oneshot like this.

Wow...great job!!!

Have you tested it yet? 20+ years and nothing but love for my Mini-14 in the all weather stock.

Quote Originally Posted by the6shooter View Post
    nice looking rifle, just don't loose the wood furniture. I prefer the original look of the mini.
    O, It's put up with the original strap. It was inherited from my grandpa when he passed. So, I refused to make an permanent changes to receiver and barrel. The metal parts inside the stock have been rem oiled and its all wrapped up in brown packing paper with some silica packs to keep the moister at bay. I shoot her regularly, she eats anything I feed her. I love it!

VIP Member
    OMG!!! You turned that hunting rifle into an EVIL BLACK AW!!!!! Better keep it under lock and key, you know how they have a propensity to suddenly start shooting up everything in sight, all on their own.
    Gbboykin, NY27 and msgt/ret like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    That's a nice little Mini!
    Gbboykin likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by NCSoxFan View Post
    Have you tested it yet? 20+ years and nothing but love for my Mini-14 in the all weather stock.
    Like I said in another post on here. She'll eat anything I feed her.....just like her owner

Yeah, I much prefer the original furniture over the tacticool wanna be look.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Yeah, I much prefer the original furniture over the tacticool wanna be look.
    It's just not for tacticool. I've actually found use for the foldable stock and all weather material. Don't worry about scratching the stock and since it folds up it fits into the truck a little better. I can respect your opinion, though.

Well done. Like I said in a thread I started earlier, many of us will be modifying what we have rather than paying the crazy market driven rates for new rifles for a while. Dance with what brung ya! You look be be dancing just fine.
    Gbboykin likes this.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Wood is more sheep-friendly...
    Gbboykin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Camjr View Post
    Well done. Like I said in a thread I started earlier, many of us will be modifying what we have rather than paying the crazy market driven rates for new rifles for a while. Dance with what brung ya! You look be be dancing just fine.
    Thank you sir! I wanted a AR, but I could honestly never bring myself to spend that much for one. I didn't want a blow back I wanted a piston driven like the old mini 14. You can't find a piston AR for under 1K from my experience.

AK's are also piston guns. Just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Camjr View Post
    AK's are also piston guns. Just sayin'...
    Didn't want the 7.62. The mini's are a little more accurate as well, IMHO. I see what you're saying and I respect that, AK's are very reliable. I think the mini's sit between the AR and AK for reliability. Good point though, Camjr!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links