So , what "other" guns may you lose if the ban passed.....

This is a discussion on So , what "other" guns may you lose if the ban passed..... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by pittypat21 The ban won't happen anyway. I wouldn't worry about it. Never believe something can not happen.... Keep in mind that many ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: So , what "other" guns may you lose if the ban passed.....

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    The ban won't happen anyway. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Never believe something can not happen....

Keep in mind that many people said the same thing about the 18th amendment. While I am not saying one should worry, I am say that one should not sit back and think they need to do nothing. The anti-gun organizations/press aren't do nothing they have been on offense a long time now and show no signs of backing off. This is mainly due to the fact the the 2nd amendment organizations/2nd amendment advocate(us) have either stay on defense or did nothing.

The battle is now at our front door and the time to go on offense is now.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    How are they going to enforce that?
    First they would have to confiscate all the 4473's across the entire country. By then there will be a boom in PVC pipe sales.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    First they would have to confiscate all the 4473's across the entire country. By then there will be a boom in PVC pipe sales.
    Yep, we've got some old plumbing that needs replacing, too!
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

So , what "other" guns may you lose if the ban passed.....

I will give them nothing, squat, diddly, nada, zip, zilch!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356932735.683699.jpg
    And if they don't like it....
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356932785.180349.jpg
    And if they DARE to come to get them..

Well.... think about it ..... "guns designed or made for the military" , "guns used by the military" etc. Would this NOT include all 1911's ?
    Think about how far that could be applied... if it applies to M1A's , which they say it will (mentioned by Feinstien specifically by name) .... and the comments "all military type weapons would be banned" ...... why would the 1911 be excluded ?

M1911 pistol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The M1911 is a single-action, semi-automatic, magazine-fed, recoil-operated handgun chambered for the .45 ACP cartridge,[1] which served as the standard-issue side arm for the United States armed forces from 1911 to 1985. It was widely used in World War I, World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War. The M1911 is still carried by some U.S. forces. Its formal designation as of 1940 was Automatic Pistol, Caliber .45, M1911 for the original Model of 1911 or Automatic Pistol, Caliber .45, M1911A1 for the M1911A1, adopted in 1924. The designation changed to Pistol, Caliber .45, Automatic, M1911A1 in the Vietnam era.[1] In total, the United States procured around 2.7 million M1911 and M1911A1 pistols in military contracts during its service life. The M1911 was replaced by the M9 pistol as the standard U.S. sidearm in the early 1990s, but due to its popularity among users, it has not been completely phased out. Modern M1911 variants are still in use by some units within the US Army Special Forces, the U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps.[4]
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Administrator
    I won't lose a single one.

I would expect a well regulated militia would prove that AR's and the like are dandy hunting rifles.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I have been reading and listening to all the ban talk. My wife and I were discussing it and SHE said. "If all military style weapons are to be banned what about that "Brown Bess" musket you are so proud of. You said it was similar to what was used in the Revolution and the Civil War and that was why you liked it." Got to thinking, she was right!! They want them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Let me ask everyone this.....
    If this BS bill is passed will you obey or ignore?

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    Let me ask everyone this.....
    If this BS bill is passed will you obey or ignore?
    Move out of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    The ban won't happen anyway. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Just like during the election "Obama has no desired to take your weapons" Even now when he stands on the news and says it is his number1 goal for 2013 you deny it.
    There will be a ban it will be a real one this time not just based on a few parts and mag size on the weapon it will come in stages to soften the public up before the major take away.
    He has been saying for years he would do it .
    CharlesMorri likes this.

If they come to get mine they will need a bigger boat !
    CharlesMorri likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Look what the prohibition of alcohol did for alcohol sales and crime. Does anyone think the same (or worse) won't happen with a ban on guns? Fools, fools, fools . . .
    Chaplain Scott likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    If this legislation passes with the NFA registration and $200 tax stamp in place for grandfathered guns that fall under the AWB, folks will just decide to unload them for a huge profit on the street instead of taking the time and money to register 1..or 2..or 5..or 10..or 15 different guns in a backlogged system.

So I predict that instead of taking guns off the street, Feinstein will actually end up creating a huge surge in guns that reach criminals via private sales...whether people are selling them legally OR illegally under the new bill.
    KoB likes this.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Just like during the election "Obama has no desired to take your weapons" Even now when he stands on the news and says it is his number1 goal for 2013 you deny it.
    There will be a ban it will be a real one this time not just based on a few parts and mag size on the weapon it will come in stages to soften the public up before the major take away.
    He has been saying for years he would do it .
    I'm not denying that he wants to ban weapons. I know he does. I'm saying that the ban won't happen. They can try, but I do not believe that they will succeed.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Look at how quickly healthcare was 'passed' in congress. Remember the 'you can read it after you vote' nonsense? Blitzkrieg is the established MO. So, whether you believe a ban will be passed or not, stand up in defense of your rights now.

And if you believe our govt. will be bound by the bill of rights, look at what has been done to our 4th, 5th, and 10th amendments. Also look at the potentially 'open' supreme court seats during the next four years.

Personally, I think they will water down the bill greatly, but the attempt will be to establish that more guns = less crime. Once that's in place they will gradually erode our rights - and they will do it in the name of each new tragedy that occurs.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links