So , what "other" guns may you lose if the ban passed..... - Page 4

So , what "other" guns may you lose if the ban passed.....

This is a discussion on So , what "other" guns may you lose if the ban passed..... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost If this legislation passes with the NFA registration and $200 tax stamp in place for grandfathered guns that fall under the ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: So , what "other" guns may you lose if the ban passed.....

Re: So , what "other" guns may you lose if the ban passed.....

Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
    If this legislation passes with the NFA registration and $200 tax stamp in place for grandfathered guns that fall under the AWB, folks will just decide to unload them for a huge profit on the street instead of taking the time and money to register 1..or 2..or 5..or 10..or 15 different guns in a backlogged system.

So I predict that instead of taking guns off the street, Feinstein will actually end up creating a huge surge in guns that reach criminals via private sales...whether people are selling them legally OR illegally under the new bill.
    Ha ha that's a thought.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badbullgator View Post
    So tell me how our history is the same as Germany's.

Nobody is taking our guns.
    ....YET.....You sound a little young & naive. Hopefully, you're right.....but do you really want to let the current government decide for you? Have you not been paying any attention to what has been going on in this country? Out of control government spending. A potential gun ban is in the works, THAT WILL BE INTRODUCED IN CONGRESS THIS WEEK! Nationalized health care PASSED & is steadily being implemented. Even things like personal property rights (Ever heard of the Supreme Court case Kilo?).

A lot of people in the pro-gun community feel like you do, that a gun-ban won't happen..... Australians felt the same way just 2 decades ago & look what happened there.

Six weeks ago, most pro-gun people wouldn't have expected that a ban would be introduced THIS WEEK! You can be sure that the anti-gunners will not repeat the 'mistakes' of the 1994 AWB.

If you, like a lot of other people think it can't happen here, just because of the 2nd Amendment, you may be deluding yourself. Look at the changes to this country since 9/11..........prior to that, we never would have believed some of the restrictions that have come about.....(Can anybody say Department of Homeland Security!....or Transportation Safety Admin.!)
    mg27, 1MoreGoodGuy and rdpG19 like this.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Re: So , what "other" guns may you lose if the ban passed.....

So would a Ruger SP101 or LCR or Marlin lever action 38/357 be included in DiFi's recommended list? What do you think?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    No. The SP101 and LCR don't and can't hold more than 10 rounds. The Marlin doesn't have a rail or pistol grip.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Dont let it happen. We have a choice

It sounds like many/most of the posters to this thread are considering knuckling under to the government when this ******* legislation is passed. This scares me! Personally, I have my weapons to defend myself and my family against bad guys—the enemy—and the greatest enemy we have is now the government!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -Thomas Jefferson

Folks, we've already gone way past the point where our forefathers were when they issued the Declaration of Independence to George III and the world. This is already the last resort! If we don't stop whining about whether this will happen, or that will happen, or what we will or won't do if it does, and make a firm stand against this tyrannical administration, we are doomed. These ignorant progressive, pathetic excuses for human kind are threatening my right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. They can pass all the gun control laws they want, but they're going to have to kill me to get mine.
    "Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves." D.H. Lawrence

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Oh really? This is a long read, but it's worth it, I promise. See if you can pick out similarity.

There are many articles online about Kitty Werthmann – this is only one and if you Google her, you will find a lot of additional information and there are some from liberals who call her crazy. But we’re all familiar with that strategy….

~ Read this Jewish woman’s eyewitness account of the loss of freedom in her native Austria:

——————————————-

[B]“Totalitarianism didn’t come quickly, it took 5 years from 1938 until 1943, to realize full dictatorship in Austria. Had it happened overnight, my countrymen would have fought to the last breath. Instead, we had creeping gradualism. Now, our only weapons were broom handles. The whole idea sounds almost unbelievable that the state, little by little eroded our freedom.”[/B]

“This is my eye-witness account.

“It’s true. Those of us who sailed past the Statue of Liberty came to a country of unbelievable freedom and opportunity.

“America is truly is the greatest country in the world. “Don’t let freedom slip away.

“After America, there is no place to go.”

Kitty Werthmann
    [\quote]

^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^

Unfortunately, some people are too stupid to see the forest for the trees...................
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorri View Post
    I'm sure that what the German people thought too!
    Attachment 66127
    Attachment 66128
    The difference between me and disarmed germans under Hitler's reign is that I will die before they take my guns. Not after.
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

From Ann Barnhardt:

!

People are emailing me desperately asking me to write something on the move to ban and confiscate weapons, particularly Diane Feinstein's bill. Sorry, but I don't waste my time on such stupidity. Nothing and no one can take away your right to defend yourself, your family and your property.

If you STILL don't get that, then I really can't help you. They can pass whatever horses*** laws they want to, and my response, and the response of every thinking person should consist of two words: seven letters, three "f"s. If there is any lesson in the fact that you people know who I am in the first place and read everything I write, it is the fact that if you go on offense and bayonet charge these S.O.B.'s, they'll fold. Burn a koran, and GIVE THEM YOUR ADDRESS. Charge!

Remember, there is no such thing as coercion. The government CANNOT disarm you. Only YOU can disarm you by capitulating to them. Buy a flag with an AR-15 on it and fly it outside your house. Post pictures of yourself with your weapons on the internet. QUIT COWERING. The fact that you people cower is the one and only reason these ******** in D.C. have any power at all - you GIVE IT TO THEM!
    Carvin66 likes this.

VIP Member
    I usually try to avoid the "cold dead hands" talk because I honestly believe that no good can come from that conversation. People either will or will not stand up in the face of tyranny. Since a vast majority of our country either voted for the government we have or couldn't be bothered enough to vote at all I'm confident that those that choose to make a stand will be a small minority and will be far less of an obstacle than some on gun forums want to believe.

Simply put, I am about as well trained as an individual can be. (No, I'm not saying I'm the best or the baddest, but I can hold my own.) I've prepared for just about any circumstance that I can think of having to deal with. But if the government sends a group of men wearing black uniforms and full body armor while carrying carbines or submachine guns to take my weapons, they are going to get my weapons. I have two choices at that point- stand up, grab a rifle, and fight back in an attempt to take as many of them with me as possible or stand down and allow my weapons to be taken (and likely become a felon at the point since things have progressed to them coming to take them). My personal choice is unimportant, the important issue is those are the two options any of us would have.

We can harken back to the days of Paul Revere all we want. This situation is not the same. We are not organized and have no hope of ever actually banding together across the nation under any person that has attempted to be a leader thus far. We wouldn't be fighting an army halfway around the world from their home that really wants nothing more than to be left alone so they can go back home. This is a grim game and one that will take a very strong stomach for nasty things for those that aren't just playing internet commando and actually plan to do the things they type. (Though I do have to question why someone that would intend to stand and fight would advertise that to those that will be on the other side.)
    CVarner and Carvin66 like this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Sly
    Feinstein said she would take all of our guns if she thought she could. Obama plans on executing his Executive Order privileges to ram rod Feinstein's bill through.
    Legally they cannot impose the ban as it is unconstitutional. It is like the kid with the ball changing the rules of the game so he wins, but in this case Feinstein and Obama stole the ball and we need to kick them off the field. If you let a bully hit you and not fight back, he will keep hitting you and taking your lunch money. If we let the government pick apart the 2nd amendment, they will slowly infringe on others.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I am saving all my change each day to fund my trip to Washington to participate in the largest protest in the history of the U.S. if any type of AWB is approved. I cheated, I put aside two grand yesterday and made arrangements to stay with a friend in Va. if need be, and he will also participate. We must be prepared for the worst.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.
    Abraham Lincoln

No matter how you feel about the president there is no comparison between Natzi Germany, Hitler, and the USA. That is the kind of statement that is alarmist and turns intelligent people away from our common goal. Stay focused on the message which is the Second Amendment and the intent of.
    Keep dreaming the dream brother...
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357020859.650325.jpg
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    I usually try to avoid the "cold dead hands" talk because I honestly believe that no good can come from that conversation. People either will or will not stand up in the face of tyranny. Since a vast majority of our country either voted for the government we have or couldn't be bothered enough to vote at all I'm confident that those that choose to make a stand will be a small minority and will be far less of an obstacle than some on gun forums want to believe.

Simply put, I am about as well trained as an individual can be. (No, I'm not saying I'm the best or the baddest, but I can hold my own.) I've prepared for just about any circumstance that I can think of having to deal with. But if the government sends a group of men wearing black uniforms and full body armor while carrying carbines or submachine guns to take my weapons, they are going to get my weapons. I have two choices at that point- stand up, grab a rifle, and fight back in an attempt to take as many of them with me as possible or stand down and allow my weapons to be taken (and likely become a felon at the point since things have progressed to them coming to take them). My personal choice is unimportant, the important issue is those are the two options any of us would have.

We can harken back to the days of Paul Revere all we want. This situation is not the same. We are not organized and have no hope of ever actually banding together across the nation under any person that has attempted to be a leader thus far. We wouldn't be fighting an army halfway around the world from their home that really wants nothing more than to be left alone so they can go back home. This is a grim game and one that will take a very strong stomach for nasty things for those that aren't just playing internet commando and actually plan to do the things they type. (Though I do have to question why someone that would intend to stand and fight would advertise that to those that will be on the other side.)
    You are surely asleep if you don't think that they ALREADY know who WE are. These forums have been infiltrated years ago and information has been compiled on many members. The have people in Glock Talk, USACarry and dozens more!

http://www.adl.org/extremism/Anti-Go...ism-Report.pdf

You can give your guns to the men in black body armor that show up on YOUR doorstep but there are thousands of us who will make it their folly to attempt it at our house.

There are so many more people who are working behind the scenes to oppose that very action from taking place. It is a well known fact that the police and military are loathe to attempt such an action because of the inherent danger involved.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357022026.976730.jpg

There is NO support for confiscation due to the high cost of lives lost on both sides.
    The Government and State police agencies know this.
    As far as comparing our President and Congress to Hitlers movement, lets just say that the Germans, the British and the Australians never thought their elected officials would EVER strip them of their arms.
    But guess what? They did so don't tell me it won't, can't happen here because it can.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357022343.804658.jpg

VIP Member
    So tell me how our history is the same as Germany's.

Nobody is taking our guns.
    Why should I waste my time teaching you about history which you have already chosen to ignore?

If you really want to learn about the similarities between Germany and the United States, you would pick up some history books and start reading instead of getting your information from an internet forum.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links