So , what "other" guns may you lose if the ban passed.....

This is a discussion on So , what "other" guns may you lose if the ban passed..... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: So , what "other" guns may you lose if the ban passed.....

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

If it ever comes to the point of door to door confiscation we need to realize that if we turn in our guns we will have already sealed our fate. Might as well
    not go down without a fight. I'd rather die a free man than live as a slave.
    OldCorps and Carvin66 like this.
    What gun would Jesus Carry?

2. Remove Ads

The scariest part of this whole discussion is the amount of people willing to cave in, comply, surrender, sell my guns etc.

Thank goodness you cowards weren't around April 19, 1775.
    CharlesMorri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by greyeyezz View Post
    The scariest part of this whole discussion is the amount of people willing to cave in, comply, surrender, sell my guns etc.

Thank goodness you cowards weren't around April 19, 1775.
    Nope, not a coward here. I think the thread started as a "hypothetical" discussion (at least that's the way I took it) pointing out the ridiculousness of the "ban list." I assure you that an internet discussion with "strangers" will not be representative of many people's true feelings and intents. And considering that the Forum Rules prohibit the discussion of illegal activities, many of us are reticent to claim that we would be willing law-breakers (no matter how hypothetical the scenario).

That being said, I will/do not share the real life planning and discussions of such topics on a public forum that my family has made. I assure you, I know the difference between obeying a law, following an order, and upholding the Constitution. As well, I understand which option takes precedence over the others. If it were 1775 (and it sure feels like that's where we're being led), I know what my role would be, and the stance I would take.

The obligation to uphold the Constitution is not just reserved for those who have taken an oath (military, politicians, officers, etc.); civilians share the same responsibility, by virtue of citizenship. Please see this link: Unconstitutional Official Acts
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

The question can be answered only one way. By asking "...what 'other'..." it is obvious that you will be willing to give up whatever they decide to denote as being what they don't want you to have. The answer in your case—and apparently of several others posting to this thread—is then all of them.

I would suggest that all of you use the link that MamaMaria posted above, and read it very carefully. Then, Go to [URL="http://constitution.hillsdale.edu/"] and sign up for their 10-week—online—Constitution 101 course, and actually prepare yourselves to understand what The United States of America, The Declaration of Independence, and The Constitution of the United States are really all about. That way, you will know what you are talking about when you comment on them, instead of just attempting to sound as though you do. The course is free, and it is amazing! If you take the time to study a bit, I doubt that you'll ever entertain the idea of giving over your arms to this—or any other—despotic.

I am not flaming anyone here, but if you are under fifty-years-old (That's about the time the Progressives got their iron-grip on the American Educational System.)—unless you've chosen to educate yourself in true Human History and The Constitution—you know not of what you speak, and do not understand what this Country of ours is all about. I'm sure you believe you know—but you only know what they wanted you to know. By the way: Hitler did not take away the German citizen's guns... Kaiser Wilhelm had taken care of that long before... therefore Herr Hitler had no opposition.

One last comment, then I'm outa this conversation in deference to forum rules, which I fear I have already broken:

Beware of those who attempt to dissuade you from pursuing what you know to be right, for they are either ignorant of the truth, or in collusion with the tyranny. Veritas et equitas
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.
    "Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves." D.H. Lawrence

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    The Hillsdale Constitution 101 course is outstanding, well presented & not rushed? I took the course when Hannity first mentioned it on his program. They also offer a free Constitution 201 on line.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by OldCorps View Post
    The question can be answered only one way. By asking "...what 'other'..." it is obvious that you will be willing to give up whatever they decide to denote as being what they don't want you to have. The answer in your case—and apparently of several others posting to this thread—is then all of them.

I would suggest that all of you use the link that MamaMaria posted above, and read it very carefully. Then, Go to [URL="http://constitution.hillsdale.edu/"] and sign up for their 10-week—online—Constitution 101 course, and actually prepare yourselves to understand what The United States of America, The Declaration of Independence, and The Constitution of the United States are really all about. That way, you will know what you are talking about when you comment on them, instead of just attempting to sound as though you do. The course is free, and it is amazing! If you take the time to study a bit, I doubt that you'll ever entertain the idea of giving over your arms to this—or any other—despotic.

I am not flaming anyone here, but if you are under fifty-years-old (That's about the time the Progressives got their iron-grip on the American Educational System.)—unless you've chosen to educate yourself in true Human History and The Constitution—you know not of what you speak, and do not understand what this Country of ours is all about. I'm sure you believe you know—but you only know what they wanted you to know. By the way: Hitler did not take away the German citizen's guns... Kaiser Wilhelm had taken care of that long before... therefore Herr Hitler had no opposition.

One last comment, then I'm outa this conversation in deference to forum rules, which I fear I have already broken:

Beware of those who attempt to dissuade you from pursuing what you know to be right, for they are either ignorant of the truth, or in collusion with the tyranny. Veritas et equitas
    Excellent post OldCorps.

I'm in the group of under 50 (just turned 41) who chose to educate myself "in true Human History and The Constitution".
    OldCorps likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by Badbullgator View Post
    No matter how you feel about the president there is no comparison between Natzi Germany, Hitler, and the USA. That is the kind of statement that is alarmist and turns intelligent people away from our common goal. Stay focused on the message which is the Second Amendment and the intent of.
    That is the kind of statement that alarms the uneducated intelligencia and turns the sheep who fail to recognize reality against the defense of the constitution. Keep the message couched in the talking points of the enemy who seeks to destroy and do not risk offending anyone by speaking the truth.

Translated the last two sentences for you.

the originals worked so well Boehner on taxes...........

No offense BTW. I used to say the same thing.

Sent from my iPad

For those of you who are active military or LEO's and have indicated you would not partake in a confiscation, I applaud you from the very bottom of my gun toting heart. Gentlemen, that IS the right call and you each of you know it is the right call. As sure as you raised your right hand and felt choked up when you took that oath, the real men among you would just say NO.

Actually, if you guys are fullfilling your oath and your duty, you are bound to defend the constitution and I'm pretty sure confiscating firearms would constitute a pretty serious conflict of that interest.

While I am quite confident that this country will see some form of modern sporting rifle ban, along with higher capacity magazine bans and private sales background checks, I am quite sure no one will be knocking on your door for your weapons. The logistics alone would incapacitate our nation's law enforcement for years. Who would be paying for this MASSIVE undertaking and how in God's name would they protect these crime ridden, gang filled cities if they are out in the boonies trying to round up the firearms I misplaced. They will attempt to control guns by making it harder for those of us who abide by the law, to purchase, transfer, sell or just own a firearm. The DC clowns have never quite figured out that these laws have little effect on the "bad guys."

I've contacted all of my reps and respectfully requested that they oppose any firearm bans or control and I suggest that each of you do the same. Not so much in the fear of confiscation but in the hopes that they will resist legislation that further complicates the law abiding citizen's right/desire to possess the firearms of their choice. This, ladies and gentlemen, is a time to fight with our minds. Play smart and don't get drawn into this ideology of the "cold hands" extremist, because these are the very people the politicians want to advertise as dangerous and violent minded gun owners.

Sorry OP, I got off on a tangent but I don't expect to "lose" any guns other than my modern sporting rifles and by "lose" I mean, jumping through hoops to keep them. My Grendel is the best shooting and most accurate rifle I have ever shot and I plan to keep it no matter how much hoop jumping I must endure. It will suck if I can't hand it down to my boys but God willing that will be a long time coming and who knows what may have changed by then. I know our current regime needs to be flushed and replaced of the people, by the people and for the people.
    This is my gun, these are my bullets, this is my training, this is my honor, together these stand to defend all that is dear to me.

After debating this issue with a band of merry libs on a newspaper columnist's blog ad nauseum, I can rest assured now that their ring leader has assured me that NO ONE wants to ban all of our guns...not even MOST of them...not even anything meaningful to self defense or 2A at all. BUT, based on the rest of their posts and proposed legislation I have determined that the only guns they want to ban are the ones that have barrels and triggers. That's all.
    Last edited by BugDude; January 8th, 2013 at 07:43 AM. Reason: kant spel
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Let's see: I'm a young twenty-year-old Marine, soldier, sailor... who has been well indoctrinated to protect my homeland from "the enemy". I've been deployed to Iraq, then Afghanistan, and now my superiors are telling me that the enemy is at home, and that I'll now be deployed against those "evil " ones who defy the current regime. Those would be my mom, my dad, sisters, brothers, grandparents, aunts, uncles—all those near and dear to me, those people I've been told that I and my buddies have been facing death to protect. I'm not stupid!; I know the regime is a pack of liars and weenies who are cutting costs that are meant to keep me alive; I'm sick to death of being encumbered by "rules of engagement" which forbid me firing on some rag-head who is burying an IED outside my perimeter. Now, these same idiots are sending me to the United States to possibly have to fire on my own people? Although I'm sure there would be those who'd have no scruples in the matter, somehow, I believe these would be in the minority. Somehow, I believe there would be a general uprising within our military which would turn to our favor. Back in the late Fifties and Sixties, I was one of the most gung-ho, bad-arsed Marines in the Corps but, I guarantee you, had a Gunny, Top, lieutenant, captain... general given me the order to fire on an American household, there would have been a dead Gunny, Top, lieutenant, captain... general... and likely a dead sergeant, but there are times when a man must make an ethical decision based on his own system of ethics. So be it.
    That's what the Nazi soldiers were told to do... I'm not necessarily comparing our current regime... I mean administration... to the Nazis, but history shows that even those trained to fight foreign "enemies" are also indoctrinated to obey orders from their superiors. If the superiors change the rules of engagement, saying gun-owners are the "enemy", then the indoctrination of the soldiers will change to reflect that. Just think how easily public opinion is changed by the media because it is watched voluntarily. Add in things like honor, code, discipline, and other hallmarks of the military, and you see the protectors being convinced to protect gun-ownersfrom themselves.

Its also not just the Nazis in history (although they're the most common example), but also think back to the Civil War, Revolutionary War, etc: Brother against brother, father against son, daughter against mother, neighbor against neighbor. Best friends and families were torn apart by differing sentiment. They reported and spied on one another so that eventually it was basically unsafe to voice your opinions on certain matters. The same could happen now. The anti-gun sympathizers would work with the police/military to get gun-owners under control if they thought it necessary. It is loud to practice with real rounds on a real target, so trying to hide your weapons would be the only option. Except, we all know that practice is necessary (barring lucky shots, etc) for success at defense.

I'm a new guns-rights person, but I firmly believe that if the choice comes down to defending myself and my family, I deserve to have a weapon in my hand to do so. Although it may not be politic to say so, I hope and pray that day never comes -- whether on a personal level or a nation-wide level.

BTW Thankfully I think my tiny PT125 and my Bersa Thunder 380 fall outside the realm of the weapons mentioned in the ban list. Both carry fewer than 10 rounds and neither have rails.

"I'm in the group of under 50 (just turned 41) who chose to educate myself "in true Human History and The Constitution"."

I'm 74, and during most of my education—public school, and first two years of under-graduate college—I/we were constantly lovingly taught American History, The Constitution (as part of our history), and standard values of "Right and Wrong". (YES, there are standards of RIGHT and WRONG—these things are not RELATIVE, no matter what the Progressives/Liberals want to make us believe.). When I left active duty with the Marine Corps in 1962, I returned to finish my last two-years of undergraduate school, preparing to become a teacher. I was astonished at the changes within the educational system that had taken place during the years I had been gone. Progressivism was rapidly beginning to eat away at morals and the sinews of the American belief system. It was the beginning of the "If it feels good, do it." era. American History was being strongly down-played by the New Liberal approach to education. The Constitution was being taught—if taught at all—as ancient; out-dated; unfitting for the modern times; the Founding Father's were just a bunch of wearisome fanatics; etc. By the time I graduated in Jan. 1965, the attack on the 2nd Amendment, and the entire Constitution had begun in earnest: LBJ's "Great Society" was in full swing; Vietnam was underway; American soldiers were being vilified as "baby-killers", and wounded veterans were being spat upon by leftist radicals (many of whom are now elected and appointed officials of the present administration); university administrations were bowing down to spoiled-brat children who were militantly taking over buildings and classrooms; leftist/Liberal students were dictating what would be taught in the colleges; to stand up for the soldiers, and to encourage in-depth understanding of the history of our Country, even in elementary and high-school classrooms was being discouraged and frowned upon by the new liberal school teachers and administrators. During the five-years that I stayed in the teaching arena, I was the "guest-of-honor" at numerous "special" school board meetings, called for the sole purpose of reprimanding me for having uttered, in my classrooms, words of "support" for our troops; mildly referring to the reasons I felt our interference in Asia was not what our government was telling us; being too passionate about teaching American History, and expressing reverence to the Founding Fathers. etc.

The assault on the Second Amendment and The Constitution, is not something new and recent! It started way back then. The unfortunate thing, now, is that to which I was alluding in my earlier post: Fifty-two years have passed since 1960. Fifty-two classes have graduated from every high-school throughout America since then, every student of them being subjected to, and being contributed to, the very cleverly orchestrated dumbing down of the American civil mind. An uninformed voter; a properly indoctrinated (read: brainwashed) voter; a dumbed-down voter... is an easy mark. Has it worked? Look around you. Remember November 6, The anti-Second Amendment/Constitution/American History situation was bad then, and it has gotten worse, year-after, until today, 52-years later, we MUST take a strong stand against anything even smelling of gun bans. You, the "under-informed" products of those fifty-years of leftest-leaning indoctrination in the American educational system MUST educate yourselves; you, yourself, MUST make the effort to find out the truths you weren't taught, become aware of the untruths you were taught, and discover what a truly wonderful system of government our Founders developed under The Constitution. If enough of us don't do this, we will see the day when we will have no way to defend ourselves against the "tyranny of government", which is upon us, which our Forefathers warned us against, and tried to protect us against with the Second Amendment to The Constitution.

Check out: constitution.hillsdale.edu , and read "The Federalist Papers" (The ebook is free at gutenberg.org, and even at Amazon.com

These are a great place to start, then, to be fair, also read "Anti-Federalist Papers", also free at the above. "The Federalist Papers" are the writings used by our Founding Fathers, detailing reasons, to the American people, why a United States, under the Constitution was desirable and necessary for survival as a free people. The "Anti-Federalist Papers were, obviously, written by the opposition.

Do it for yourself, our Country, and do everything you can to protect The 2nd Amendment, The Constitution, and Our Freedom.

Veritas et Equitas
    MamaMaria and pfries like this.
    "Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves." D.H. Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Badbullgator View Post
    So tell me how our history is the same as Germany's.

Nobody is taking our guns.
    Your words in God's ear!
    Damned straight. Nobody is taking my guns.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

Semper Fi!!

I will lose nothing. They are bought and paid for by me. They are my personal property and its not negotiable on my end.
    If the Government wants my guns, things will get very interesting.

I will not comply with an UN-Constitutional law.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Links