So , what "other" guns may you lose if the ban passed.....

This is a discussion on So , what "other" guns may you lose if the ban passed..... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; All indications on the bill with Feinstien is, they are putting it in that "any" gun (shotgun, AR, handgun) that is semi-automatic, has "any" kind ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: So , what "other" guns may you lose if the ban passed.....

So , what "other" guns may you lose if the ban passed.....

All indications on the bill with Feinstien is, they are putting it in that "any" gun (shotgun, AR, handgun) that is semi-automatic, has "any" kind of rail that will accept an add-on, and has a pistol grip .... could be banned.

Since many handguns have small rails for lasers, lights, etc. .... how many and which one's would they get with a ban like that ? They are indicating that "handguns" will be included in the ban.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

2. Remove Ads

The ban won't happen anyway. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Mr B and Idahokid like this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

All of them (when the ice fishing accident happens, lol). Actually, hubby and I were just discussing this yesterday. Without divulging the size (small or large) of our firearm collection, we'd be left with the Winchester .30-30 and the Ruger Mark III. The "grandfathering" DiFi proposes would involve fingerprints (not gonna happen here, I've gone my entire life without giving them up, ever), photograph, and $200 each NFA tax. The dollar amount alone to register them would be nearly impossible for us financially. And fingerprinting, mugshots, and registry like some sex offender is, well (without sharing the bad words I have thinking about that scenario), quite an unsavory proposition in which I am uncomfortable partaking.
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

Senior Moderator
    If it does pass you wont lose any.

A ban does not prevent you from owning what was legally owned prior to that bill being passed. It only prevents further manufacture and commercial sales from that day forward. Any shop that has the guns in question prior to the ban may sell them, they just wont get any more to replace them, that's why the price shoots sky high.

Private sales will still be legal. Thats one of the reasons that the Communists in charge want to make private sales of firearms illegal.

Any firearm that is manufactured before the ban can be sold.
    thechriskarel likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Unless there is a push to ban handguns, which I don't see these clowns getting away with, I don't believe any of my other guns would be on their stupid ban list. (Unless they go after the Ruger 10/22)
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

A ban does not prevent you from owning what was legally owned prior to that bill being passed. It only prevents further manufacture and commercial sales from that day forward. Any shop that has the guns in question prior to the ban may sell them, they just wont get any more to replace them, that's why the price shoots sky high.

Private sales will still be legal. Thats one of the reasons that the Communists in charge want to make private sales of firearms illegal.

I'm guessing Eagleks is assuming(for purposes of this thread only) DiFi's proposal is passed with no alterations. She proposes that grandfathered items be registered under the NFA, which we all know requires the $200 bribe, prints and mugshot, and registration with BATFE. Under that assumption, many of us could not afford, nor want to pay, the tax. De facto gun confiscation through taxation.
    aus71383, darbo and Tzadik like this.

Never under estimate the abusive power of a clown...who is in charge.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Never under estimate the abusive power of a clown...who is in charge.
    I'm thankful that I don't have the surprisingly common Coulrophobia. I am not afraid, if you catch my drift.

YOU MISSED IT THEN ..... NONE of the guns under the ban can EVER be transferred to anyone, nor sold, nor even disposed of without Govt consent. They cannot go to your estate or be passed on to anyone else if you die...... they have to be "destroyed". That applies to any "magazine" restrictions as well.

Sen. Feinstein Swings for the Fences with New Assault Weapons Ban (VIDEO) - Guns.com
    • Prohibits the transfer of “assault weapons.” Owners of other firearms, including those covered by the NFA, are permitted to sell them or pass them to heirs. However, under Feinstein’s new bill, “assault weapons” would remain with their current owners until their deaths, at which point they would be forfeited to the government

Isn't Feinstien getting really creative ? ....NOTE she is NOT saying RIFLES ... but WEAPONS ... (with military features, which she then describes) ... and covers shotguns, handguns, and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by rugergunner;
    Unless there is a push to ban handguns, which I don't see these clowns getting away with, I don't believe any of my other guns would be on their stupid ban list. (Unless they go after the Ruger 10/22)
    Feinstien has said... this WILL include rifles, shotguns and handguns.... will ban specifically 900 different "guns" but she won't share the list because they are not done with it yet .. and several restrictions to prevent any future guns being made with any one of several features... including detachable magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds... including shotguns, handguns and rifles.

See Video of Feinstien, etc. at link :

Feinstein Assault Weapons Ban Covers Rifles, Pistols and Shotguns - Katie Pavlich
    Feinstein Assault Weapons Ban Covers Rifles, Pistols and Shotguns

Feinstein has posted a summary of what the legislation will cover, which includes a ban on semi-automatic handguns and shotguns in addition to rifles . The legislation also requires registration of previously purchased guns. If passed, ATF would be in charge of enforcement which should be a huge concern to gun owners.

Sen. Feinstein's 'Assault Weapon' Ban Really Handgun Ban

Sen. Feinstein's 'Assault Weapon' Ban Really Handgun Ban
    That's right, after all the criticism of the AR-15 and the holier-than-thou speeches about how no one needs a military-style rifle with a 30-round magazine the details of the ban betray a gun grab that includes semi-automatic pistols that use "a detachable magazine" and have "one military characteristic."

Feinstein?s ?Assault Weapon? Ban is Really Handgun Ban in Disguise | Survival

Gives a summary by the NRA as well :

Sen. Feinstein Swings for the Fences with New Assault Weapons Ban (VIDEO) - Guns.com

Sen. Feinstein Swings for the Fences with New Assault Weapons Ban (VIDEO)

Targets handguns in defiance of the Supreme Court. The Court ruled in District of Columbia v. Heller that the Second Amendment protects the right to have handguns for self-defense, in large part on the basis of the fact handguns are the type of firearm “overwhelmingly chosen by American society for that lawful purpose.” Semi-automatic pistols, which are the most popular handguns today, are designed to use detachable magazines, and the magazines “overwhelmingly chosen” by Americans for self-defense are those that hold more than 10 rounds. Additionally, Feinstein’s list of nearly 1,000 firearms exempted by name (see next paragraph) contains not a single handgun. Sen. Feinstein advocated banning handguns before being elected to the Senate, though she carried a handgun for her own personal protection.

but..... any "gun" that is semi-automatic cannot have a "military feature" ..... rail, be capable of holding more than 10 rds, etc. That applies to all ... shotguns, rifles and handguns from what I've been seeing, hearing, etc. on the News, Feinstien videos, NRA, New Articles, etc.

I hope it's wrong... but ... what if it isn't and that is the plan ?? Feinstien has introduced bills before to ban ALL Handguns.....
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    How would a weapons ban effect me? In no way, I don't own any guns.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Senior Moderator
    How are they going to enforce that?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

How are they going to enforce that?
    According to DiFi, "Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration." Cliff notes available here: Assault Weapons - Issues - United States Senator Dianne Feinstein

I'm sure in her mind, Feinstein will tell the BATFE to go pick some funds off the Fed "money tree," or ask Ben Bernanke to set up more money presses. That and the $200 per firearm tax.

I'm more than ready to go down fighting. Let them stew on that for a while.
    mg27, RemMod597 and gregnsc like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JDavisArk View Post
    I'm more than ready to go down fighting. Let them stew on that for a while.
    This ^

I really hope that this does not get passed. I am sure there will be some changes coming but hope this is not the finished product. I would hope that current owners would not be subject to the new law such has the old pre ban weapons and magazines. I hope the NRA can step up and get some good support in the Senate and Congress to oppose this bill. I also don't know what Obama is talking about when he says most gun owners would agree to have this conversation. Sorry I don't know many that want to discuss a ban on weapons of any kind. Do we need to regulate more on mental health sure, but answer this how about all of the Soldiers that are suffering from PTSD that are carrying weapons down range.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links