Take an anti-gun person to a horror movie

This is a discussion on Take an anti-gun person to a horror movie within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It hit me last night when I was channel surfing and stopped at a horror movie. This is perfect evidence for an anti-gun person to ...

Thread: Take an anti-gun person to a horror movie

It hit me last night when I was channel surfing and stopped at a horror movie. This is perfect evidence for an anti-gun person to see movies like these.
    A horror movie is basically an hour and a half of sheeple getting butchered by some BG with a long knife. In the end the "hero" puts an end to it with a gun or some other deadly force.
    You could take an anti-gun person to a horror movie and analize each victim. How they weren't aware of their surroundings and things like that. Ask the anti-gun person if they were in that situation if they wished they had a gun.
    Anti-gun sheeple think that "just give them what they want and they will leave". A horror movie exagerates it but shows that people aren't just out there to rob you. There are true nut cases out there and you need to be ready for them too.
    After my wife and I analized the first victim, in the movie I switched to, we both said if the guy had a CCW the BG would be dead and the movie would be over. After that it was time to do some more surfing.

Assistant Administrator
    It might help if an anti was borderline and then applied some logic - seeing that they could be empowered to protect themselves.

Many tho would carry on with the ''it'll never happen to me'' mentality - and still shudder at the thought of <horror> - a gun!!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

Talking

I'm not sure exactly what to make of this thread post.

And...I'm also best guessing that it's posted in the correct forum category.

Admittedly...I've never seen the topic posted on any other firearm forum.

We'll see where this thread eventually takes us.

Remember though that you'll need to select your HORROR Film carefully because in movies like THE BLOB ~ firearms are not effective and it's necessary to freeze the evil thing with a Fire Extinguisher which anti~gunners would have no qualms (at all) about using. Just a passing thought.

Just FYI ~ The Blob is sort of comprised of Deep Red undulating, growing, ballistic gelatin from outer space that cannot really be killed.
    It can only be frozen solid for all eternity....usually first flash frozen on an Ice Skating Rink and then dropped at the North Pole.

So...Global Warming could possibly bring it back to menace the people of Earth yet again.
    One very worthwhile reason to watch those pesky CO2 emissions and other assorted greenhouse gasses.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Rather than a horror movie maybe a good thriller. Most of these horror movies turn into unending sequels where even a gun doesn't really kill the bad guy. Jason just keeps coming back sequel after sequel. I was thinking more of movies like Kiss The Girls or The Bone Collector. The BG is truly evil, but mortal. The sheep would have an opportunity to defend themselves if they only had a gun.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Lew
    I was reading a recent publication story about a shooting guru, here, net, or magazine, I can't remember where. The student (who was the author) was having qualms about his trigger pull, and the upcoming competition the next day. They sat in the hotel that night with a zombie movie, dry firing at all the zombies. The quote I took away the most was, "Nothing will motivate you to practice a dry fire more than a bloody zombie movie." He stated that at the end of the movie he was pretty tired but felt really good about target acquisition and smooth trigger work. The next day the guru finished first and he finished second....
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

Hahaha! Yeah....

Zombies are great motivators!
    I took a lady to the remake of Dawn Of The Dead a couple of years back.....when we left, he stated that she had to get a bigger gun!(she had a Kahr PM-9 at the time, soon added a Glock 19 to her collection).
    Took my younger brother to a double feature of Day and Dawn 15 years ago.....he suddenly had a desire to learn how to use and purchase a handgun!
    When I am lazy, but need to clean dirty tools....I put on a Zombie flick and clean the arsenal....great motivation to keep your weapontry spotless!
    And, as mentioned, good dry fire practice too!
    Attached Images

That reminds me...a while back I saw some Zombie targets. They were the standard size body outlines, but made to look like Zombies. Does anyone know where to get these?

They would make for a good shooting session after taking a non-gun friend to a zombie flick.

VIP Member

Zombie motivation...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

That's not real it could never happen to me.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Seeing Team America's pic above............

......can anyone wonder why I like AK's?
    Now, I just need to get that EOtech and another case of ammo!
    The above mentioned girlfriend and I joked about getting a large dog, training it to be slient and always present, buy the dog saddle bags and name it 'Ammo' cuz the saddle bags were a stash for loaded AK mags. "Ammo Up!"
    But she did not laugh, when I suggested two more trained to run for large groups of people with similar saddle bags......
    They would be named.....
    Claymore and Grenade.

horror movie in England

I liked "Shawn of the Dead", when attacked by zombies (in England) they realize they have no guns! Since England banned civilian ownership of most guns, the little group of Shawn and his friends/family make their way (using a cricket bat as a weapon) to a favorite bar "The Winchester" where they feel they can snatch the trophy old Winchester gun from its mounting plaque on the wall and defend themselves. Sort of an eye-opener to realize that actually being to lay hands on ANY gun in some places is almost an impossible action. The horror of this movie was not just the zombies, it was the inability to be able to defend against the zombies, nice little message.
    "Well, a gun that's unloaded and cocked ain't good for nothin". John Wayne in True Grit

My interest in horror movies stopped shortly after it started. Just the same slack jawed window lickers dying from a smarter bad guy.

Yawn. Give me any of the guns I own and I'll make the movie end real quick.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

...we are NOT a free people.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminaughty View Post
    My interest in horror movies stopped shortly after it started. Just the same slack jawed window lickers dying from a smarter bad guy.

Yawn. Give me any of the guns I own and I'll make the movie end real quick.
    Best example of the "smart" GG in a somewhat horror movie was Army of darkness. Granted he has a break open double barrel shotgun that shoots and never runs dry. It's still funny.

"Its a trick. Get an axe."
    http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ash_Williams
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

Lew
    "Good, bad; I'm the guy with the gun...."~Ash
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

Sponsored Links