Any gun stores keeping thier head on straight?

This is a discussion on Any gun stores keeping thier head on straight? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Went to a gun show in Columbus this weekend. Holy Crap! I saw a Century Cetme priced at $1100 USED! Parts that you could order ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gdvan01

Thread: Any gun stores keeping thier head on straight?

Any gun stores keeping thier head on straight?

Went to a gun show in Columbus this weekend. Holy Crap! I saw a Century Cetme priced at $1100 USED! Parts that you could order from CTD (who I have banned from receiving my money) for $20 going for $70 and many victims walking around (judging from the conversations I heard)
    There were maybe 25 tables and I only found one that maintained their prices from earlier this year. To show my appreciation I made a $100+ purchase from him.
    After leaving the show I went to Shooters of Columbus. Now the shelves were under 50% capacity but they maintained their prices and again I was grateful and ended up putting a much sought after pistol on layaway.

Anybody else having good experiences in the face of this lunacy?
    And the old man said, "We'll see..."

2. Remove Ads

Pueblo West Guns and Ammo is a small LGS in Pueblo, CO and has kept their head and maintained their pricing despite the challenges of keeping material in stock and generally being overwhelmed by the spike in business. I don't know what they have left on the shelves at this point, but they are a shining example of a small business that cares about their customers. Even though I live two hours away from this shop, I will try to give them my business whenever I can. I work down that way quite a bit so I have the opportunity to peruse their store every couple of weeks. I picked up a Core 15 for $800 there just before Christmas and saw the exact same rifle for $2350 at the guns show on Saturday.

On Target, whom I usually get a bit burned on because they are typically 10% or so higher than their neighbors in Grand Rapids, have kept their prices the exact same. They are (when they have them), selling PMAGS at $18, reloading equipment the same and an Armalite AR-10 was on their shelf for $1900. Yeah, you can buy that same rifle three months ago somewhere else for $1,750, but like I said they are always a bit more expensive.
    So, if you're in west Michigan, give On Target in Kzoo a look. Just don't be disappointed if you don't find a whole heck of a lot on their shelves.

Saw a NIB LC9 for $550 at one store this weekend... It is crazy out there in some of these places. I picked one up for $400 since it's the one my wife wanted. Even then, that's too much for that pistol in the real world, but supply and demand at work.

Quantico Tactical* is one place that has not gone price crazy lately, they have locations in 6 states:

Contacting Quantico Tactical

* - I am not affiliated in any way, just passing it along
    lowercase likes this.

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    Everything in the LGS where I work is always listed at below MSRP. We had a month long sale 11-15 through 12-15 with even better prices and our 4 day after Christmas sale was 10% off all firearms. We still have stock except for AR-15's and .223 ammo but we are beginning to get some of both in. We sold out of those items the week before Christmas.

Links