Where can you buy ammo? - Page 3

Where can you buy ammo?

This is a discussion on Where can you buy ammo? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by atctimmy I'm not being rude I was asking an adult question. The OP has been on DC for over 6 years. He ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Where can you buy ammo?

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I'm not being rude I was asking an adult question. The OP has been on DC for over 6 years. He knew better. Sometimes here on DC you have to put on your big boy pants and answer the tough questions.
    Well, here are answers to your question:

1. I am an optimist
    2. I am living in denial. I see the storm coming but just can't believe it will hit
    3. I haven't shot my AR much since I got it and am learning lots of things. One thing I learned, which is probably very obvious to many here, but new to me, is that .223 ammo is much cheaper than 5.56 ammo. One reason I did not shoot this gun much was the cost of ammo, but now I know I can plink with cheaper rounds. Sort of like the difference between going to the range and shooting your HD ammo instead of the target ammo
    4. I bought an M&P 15-22 so I can plink with an AR platform gun, but I can't even find .22 ammo.
    5. I actually did pick up a bunch of ammo (1000 rounds to be specific) a few months ago, but, uh, er, I want to replace it. There is only so much money to go around and I can't just buy $1000 of ammo per month. Do I look like the Federal government.

Obama is unleashed now. This will be different than his first term. Last time it took about a year for ammo to start reappearing. Hard to say what will happen this time.
    brocktice likes this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    Well, here are answers to your question:

1. I am an optimist
    2. I am living in denial. I see the storm coming but just can't believe it will hit
    3. I haven't shot my AR much since I got it and am learning lots of things. One thing I learned, which is probably very obvious to many here, but new to me, is that .223 ammo is much cheaper than 5.56 ammo. One reason I did not shoot this gun much was the cost of ammo, but now I know I can plink with cheaper rounds. Sort of like the difference between going to the range and shooting your HD ammo instead of the target ammo
    4. I bought an M&P 15-22 so I can plink with an AR platform gun, but I can't even find .22 ammo.
    5. I actually did pick up a bunch of ammo (1000 rounds to be specific) a few months ago, but, uh, er, I want to replace it. There is only so much money to go around and I can't just buy $1000 of ammo per month. Do I look like the Federal government.

Obama is unleashed now. This will be different than his first term. Last time it took about a year for ammo to start reappearing. Hard to say what will happen this time.
    Fair enough. I know you are new to the platform and ammo is pricey.

The good news for you is that after the last panic there was lots of ammo available at cheap prices. The ammo companies will be ramping up production to meet demand and there is always a lag. The converse is going to be true too, just like the last time. The ammo companies will be running full out and when demand dies off there will be a surplus. That is the time to buy a bunch of it. Be patient. There may be a ban on the horizon, but ammo won't be illegal for quite some time.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    380, 9mm, and 223 here in Wichita falls is extinct. I'm glad for the last year I've been stock killing ammo but don't have much 380
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar

Re: Where can you buy ammo?

Stopped by Wally World today on some other errands, they are almost totally cleaned out unless you want shotgun shells. I got a tip about when the next truckload comes in though. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    In the spirit of healthy debate, I believe that a far more effective yell is "bang-bang". Just my opinion.
    I'm thinking rat-a-tat-tat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links