Where can you buy ammo?

Where can you buy ammo?

This is a discussion on Where can you buy ammo? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ugh....I hate when this stuff happens. Panic, fear, yada, yada, yada. I have an AR15 class and need 500-1000 rounds of ammo. Ya. Right. I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Where can you buy ammo?

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Where can you buy ammo?

Ugh....I hate when this stuff happens. Panic, fear, yada, yada, yada.

I have an AR15 class and need 500-1000 rounds of ammo. Ya. Right. I have searched pretty much every venue but can find none.

Does anyone know who has .223 or 5.56 ammo available?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post

I have an AR15 class and need 500-1000 rounds of ammo. Ya. Right. I have searched pretty much every venue but can find none.

You might have to look at taking the class with a 22LR conversion kit if they will allow it,the tactics should be about the same except you will need to use the charging handle on mag changes.Otherwise even if you find any for sale your gonna be paying upwards of $1 ea
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    I second the .22LR recommendation. You can of course also get a complete upper. I have a CMMG which looks nice, but I haven't actually had a chance to try it yet!

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    CMMG out of .22 uppers and conversion kits too.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

During the last shortage The police academy class was having trouble finding enough ammo. Normally they don't allow reloads, But under the circumstances they allowed some to mix ammo. new ammo for the first few days of shooting, and new ammo for the final qualifying. I made about 3000 rounds for the cadets to finish their class. By the next year things had calmed down. You might look for a reloader in your area. DR

Here in the northern midwest, we have a farm supply chain store called Fleet Farm. Hubby's had no problem finding enough .223 target ammo to build up a meager 1,000+ round supply over the last two weeks. I don't think he paid much more than 40-50 cents a round, not too bad considering the current market situation. Does Oregon have any of these type of stores? Might be worth looking for such a store in your area.
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

We have Farm and Fleet here too but they are out of almost everything expect .45 and .380.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Here you go!

Full Metal Jacket : Ammo To Go

Hope they ship to protland, or!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by Scramble4a5 View Post
    We have Farm and Fleet here too but they are out of almost everything expect .45 and .380.
    Interesting....223/5.56 availability is nearly universally difficult right now (without having to hobble together a supply of randomly branded 20 count boxes), yet it seems pistol caliber shortages are certainly regional. We've got the opposite problem with pistol ammo up in WI. The .380 and .45ACP are picked over, and those are the ones hubby and I are short on. I'm glad I "panic bought" those cases of 9mm the day after the election (should have ordered the others as well back then, too)...
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMaria View Post
    Interesting....223/5.56 availability is nearly universally difficult right now (without having to hobble together a supply of randomly branded 20 count boxes), yet it seems pistol caliber shortages are certainly regional. We've got the opposite problem with pistol ammo up in WI. The .380 and .45ACP are picked over, and those are the ones hubby and I are short on. I'm glad I "panic bought" those cases of 9mm the day after the election (should have ordered the others as well back then, too)...
    9mm is virtually extinct here except for Gander Mountain which raised process over 30% and my LGS. The LGS stocked way up over the summer and they limit your purchase to 5 boxes. Fair enough.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Here is another but TOP $

DoubleTap Ammunition

Maybe you should learn to reload with this environment!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    You might have to look at taking the class with a 22LR conversion kit if they will allow it,the tactics should be about the same except you will need to use the charging handle on mag changes.Otherwise even if you find any for sale your gonna be paying upwards of $1 ea
    At a buck a round, I'd be tempted to just take my rifle empty and yell 'pow' 'pow'!
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    At a buck a round, I'd be tempted to just take my rifle empty and yell 'pow' 'pow'!
    Now that's funny!

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Now that's funny!

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar

You know .223 is going to co$t right now...

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post

It IS available here:

Rifle Ammo - Gun Auction - Rifle Ammunition at GunBroker.com

No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links