Specialty companies

This is a discussion on Specialty companies within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Wonder what will happen to those specialty builders who have huge amounts of capital invested in building AR platforms if Diane Frankenstein gets her bill ...

Thread: Specialty companies

Specialty companies

Wonder what will happen to those specialty builders who have huge amounts of capital invested in building AR platforms if Diane Frankenstein gets her bill passed with the draconian outlays it currently has? Places like LaRue, LMT, Rock River and others.
    Yeah, they can switch gears and focus solely on OEM and after market parts, but eventually, that will dry up a bit, too. Since there won't be new AR's built with any type of regularity, the existing ones will need replacement parts, but again, that's only so much.
    Military contracts are the only thing I can think off that would keep many of these afloat. LaRue makes awesome mounts, mechanized targets and other things, but Mark's got millions in CNC machines dedicated to this production.
    I honestly don't think she'll get it passed as is. The old bat is going for broke as she'll probably retire within the next couple of years, so what does she have to lose? But, there's plenty of junior Congressmen and women who realize that both Dems and Reps love their guns and will vote them out with a quickness if they have an all out ban.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I feel badly for the workers and their families who are facing a new year in which a group of people under the guise of "saving lives" will do everything in their power to destroy theirs. I read an article recently that indicated the sporting rifle market accounts for in excess of 500 million in sales annually. With the economy in such good shape there's no problem shutting down a growing industry evidently.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Lot of those people are probably pro gun and conservatives. Therefore they deserve to be unemployed.
    Is this the right sarcasm font?

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Lot of those people are probably pro gun and conservatives. Therefore they deserve to be unemployed.
    Is this the right sarcasm font?
    Yep...
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Links