Please, somebody help me!

This is a discussion on Please, somebody help me! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by glockman10mm "You're not losing it....just getting old." Seems like I hear that alot lately. Take it from a genuine old dude, you ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Please, somebody help me!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    "You're not losing it....just getting old."

Seems like I hear that alot lately.
    Take it from a genuine old dude, you guys are babies. You're not old till they put your bottom in
    ICU and ask if you want a DNR sign.
    aus71383 and Jaybm like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

2. Remove Ads

Re: Please, somebody help me!

A lot of satisfaction in taking your time and enjoying each shot. Also a lot cheaper ammo-wise than blasting through a high cap mag.
    aus71383 likes this.

"any gun designed for use by the military " ........ a cavalry carbine...... by their definition, a 1851 Navy Colt would be banned.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsclaw View Post
    Love the Trapdoors. Back in 1873 the liberals were calling it a military-style assault weapon! After all, only the military had them right?
    Back in 1873, the '73 Winchester was the high capacity 'assault rifle' of the day...compared to the single shot Trapdoor. In the 19th century, the civilians and the Indians were always better armed than the military....Imagine that????
    Jaybm likes this.

VIP Member
    I don't see a problem. I'd love to have a Sharps Rolling Block.

Besides that, if push come to shove, you can get all the hi-caps you want with it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    You my friend are afflicted with an illness for which no known cure exists. But do not despair, an approved treatment plan exists. Keep buying guns and all will be well.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Single shots are some of my favorites!

These are just the H&Rs,45 70 down to 22 hornet, I also have rolling blocks, falling blocks and tilting blocks. Ive had a couple of trapdoors but not one that shot well. Yet!
    aus71383 and HotGuns like this.

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    I would love to help you but my .45-110 Quigley loaded with 110 grains of 2f Swiss and a 500 grain paper patched bullet againt steel targets out to 500 meters is too much fun!
    glockman10mm likes this.

StarPD45
    I fired one of those a looong time ago. (NO, it wasnt my issue rifle)

Senior Moderator
    I've fired some old singles. One of them was the 'Quigley Special" it was in .45-110 I think. That put the bug on me and I have been wanting one ever since. I just havent done it yet.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I don't see a problem. I'd love to have a Sharps Rolling Block.

Besides that, if push come to shove, you can get all the hi-caps you want with it.
    Just for clarification, the Sharps rifle is a falling block;

Remingtons are rolling blocks;

"The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    With all the the scrambling for hi cap, tactical anything going on, here I am laying down a down payment on a single shot rifle! Please dear forum family, either confirm or deny to me that I am/not losing my mind.

The rifle is an Italian Pedersoli 45-70 calvary carbine. Beautiful wood, deep blue finish, rear sight is ladder style with post front.

Yeah, I know its ancient, good for nothing, and single shot would not interest many, but I am dreaming of days at the range, with a box full of handloads, blue skys, cool breeze, and taking my time, savoring every shot, and knocking the center out of a 12 inch bull at 200 yards.

Really, I need help.
    Nothing wrong with you, I've always wanted a Shiloh Sharps 1874 Business Rifle.

"The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links