Please, somebody help me!

This is a discussion on Please, somebody help me! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; With all the the scrambling for hi cap, tactical anything going on, here I am laying down a down payment on a single shot rifle! ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Please, somebody help me!

With all the the scrambling for hi cap, tactical anything going on, here I am laying down a down payment on a single shot rifle! Please dear forum family, either confirm or deny to me that I am/not losing my mind.

The rifle is an Italian Pedersoli 45-70 calvary carbine. Beautiful wood, deep blue finish, rear sight is ladder style with post front.

Yeah, I know its ancient, good for nothing, and single shot would not interest many, but I am dreaming of days at the range, with a box full of handloads, blue skys, cool breeze, and taking my time, savoring every shot, and knocking the center out of a 12 inch bull at 200 yards.

Really, I need help.
    OD*, aus71383, archer51 and 2 others like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Well, it's a gun, so it's still evil. But it isn't on the ban list until Phase III, so you're good for now.
    TX expat and atctimmy like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Re: Please, somebody help me!

Enjoy your worthless musket!

Thoroughly.

I know it's not a musket... Correct terminology would be blunderbuss, I think ;)
    TX expat likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Funny you should ask. I was at my LGS today and saw a used 45-70 "Double" and could only think you'd be all over that! And for $800-something. One of my favorite guns was a Thompson Contender 14" barrel. Awesome in .30 Herritt.
    glockman10mm likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Funny you should ask. I was at my LGS today and saw a used 45-70 "Double" and could only think you'd be all over that! And for $800-something. One of my favorite guns was a Thompson Contender 14" barrel. Awesome in .30 Herritt.
    I absolutely would have been all over that!
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    With all the the scrambling for hi cap, tactical anything going on, here I am laying down a down payment on a single shot rifle! Please dear forum family, either confirm or deny to me that I am/not losing my mind.

The rifle is an Italian Pedersoli 45-70 calvary carbine. Beautiful wood, deep blue finish, rear sight is ladder style with post front.

Yeah, I know its ancient, good for nothing, and single shot would not interest many, but I am dreaming of days at the range, with a box full of handloads, blue skys, cool breeze, and taking my time, savoring every shot, and knocking the center out of a 12 inch bull at 200 yards.

Really, I need help.

^^^^^^Must be feverish and whatnot!^^^^^^^^^^^^

You should get to a doctor quick!
    Enjoy your new find!
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Your not losing your mind. the pedersoli 45-70 is a nice rifle, and just because its a single shot doesn`t make it any less fun to shoot. Everything doesn`t need to be semi auto to be fun to shoot.
    Hopyard likes this.

Administrator
    You're not losing it. I've been buying blackpowder stuff recently. It's just different and fun. I like the challenge.
    glockman10mm likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    After googleing Italian Pedersoli and seeing the beautiful arms they make I say go for it. I have a TC Contender also and agree the .30 and .357 Herret barrels are great to shoot, another favorite is the .256 Win Magnum barrel turns prarie dogs to a little pink mist.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Well, it's a gun, so it's still evil. But it isn't on the ban list until Phase III, so you're good for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Enjoy your worthless musket!

Thoroughly.

I know it's not a musket... Correct terminology would be blunderbuss, I think ;)
    You funny, funny men!
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

You're not losing it....just getting old. I want a single shot .45-something rifle someday....I'd like to handload paper patched black powder cartridges. It's going to take a lot of spare time to actually do that though!

Austin

You don't need help, you need company!

I just shot a similar replica last week - a trap-door Springfield carbine. What a hoot! And you also need an active imagination... just think of a 3/4 ton buffalo standing broadside at 125 yards... and suddenly you're Lieutenant Dunbar!
    glockman10mm likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

"You're not losing it....just getting old."

Seems like I hear that alot lately.
    atctimmy and aus71383 like this.

Love the Trapdoors. Back in 1873 the liberals were calling it a military-style assault weapon! After all, only the military had them right?

When I have saved up enough change, I'm getting one of these before I die. Single shot, black powder, heavy as sin, useless BUT I WANT IT.

Shiloh Rifle :: Sharps Rifles :: 1874 SHARPS BUFFALO - "QUIGLEY®"

Quigley-Sharps--black.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links