Glock 23 recoil not fun. Thinking of going to Glock 19 or other 9mm - Page 3

Glock 23 recoil not fun. Thinking of going to Glock 19 or other 9mm

This is a discussion on Glock 23 recoil not fun. Thinking of going to Glock 19 or other 9mm within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by MacNobody I want to be able to shoot all day, and I don't see myself being able to attend a defensive pistol ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Glock 23 recoil not fun. Thinking of going to Glock 19 or other 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by MacNobody View Post
    I want to be able to shoot all day, and I don't see myself being able to attend a defensive pistol course and shooting for a few days with the .40

The recoil is causing my supporting hand to lose grip. I am not the most experienced shooter, but the Beretta 9mm we use in the Marines is easier to control, so I am considering something similar.

Smith&Wesson M&P
    Springfield XD (fullsize or compact??)
    Glock 19 ?

I am not sure that the grip fit my firing hand well, either.
    IMO.......it's easy to give up and go away. Thing is........if you want to live.....you learn how to use what you have in your own defense. I know......folks don't like tough love these days. Well....that's the way I was brought up and served this country.
    not fun
    Lot of things not fun for Americans at home or overseas.
    Make of it what you will. Decide how things are going to be before they happen since you're not prepared to take them on as they come. I'm not soliciting you in any way......just saying there's only one day that you'll want to live above and beyond whatever you feel today at this time. That moment will make you or break you. Simple fact. No formal schooling and no badge. You'll kill to keep from being killed or you'll succumb to the lawless dirt bag that would blow you away for a cigarette.
    If the truth is something you'd not rather be exposed to......please PM me or notify management.

Quote Originally Posted by MacNobody View Post
    I want to be able to shoot all day, and I don't see myself being able to attend a defensive pistol course and shooting for a few days with the .40

The recoil is causing my supporting hand to lose grip. I am not the most experienced shooter, but the Beretta 9mm we use in the Marines is easier to control, so I am considering something similar.

Smith&Wesson M&P
    Springfield XD (fullsize or compact??)
    Glock 19 ?

I am not sure that the grip fit my firing hand well, either.
    You can overcome this with proper grip and more rounds. I did. I hated 40s&w until I traded a pistol for a used G23 with a grip reduction and very agressive texture. The grip reduction contributed to a better/proper grip. A few hundred rounds later and i'm happy. Follow-up shots are not as tight as with my G19 but well within combat accuracy at about 5-6 yards.

BTW the G19 is hard to beat but in the end, choose what works for you.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links