I, [name] do solemnly swear...

This is a discussion on I, [name] do solemnly swear... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My oath has been in effect since 1966. I've had a gun with me every where I go since I got out of the Army ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: I, [name] do solemnly swear...

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    My oath has been in effect since 1966. I've had a gun with me every where I go since I got out of the Army in 1970.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

2. Remove Ads

In a totally unrelated story...

I read that the President is planning on taking his oath of office on the 20th away from public view.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post

I read that the President is planning on taking his oath of office on the 20th away from public view.
    Where did you hear that?

EDIT:Never mind...found it.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I'll agree to disagree if Hopyard will. As for everyone else, go to Oath Keepers » Oath Keepers – Guardians of the Republic and read the list of "10 Orders We Will Not Obey" so you can decide for yourself if following them violates the oath you've already taken or just reinforces that oath. Oath Keepers is not a militia, does not advocate overthrow, and wants the Constitution followed by all. It is a group that wishes to educate current military and LE about the obligations they have to the Oath before they have to make the choice. For another real world example check out what NG troops were asked to help the New Orleans Police Dept do in confiscating weapons from law-abiding citizens. The Utah NG refused but the Police did it with the help of some others.
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd taken better care of myself when I was younger

<--- This guy

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post

Link?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

For the sake of asking the question....What IF we fall victim to laws/confiscation of weapons, similar to Australia and Great Britain? How do you feel about the "bold" part of the Oath we've taken now?
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

OK everybody...quick..without looking.....do you know every single part of the Constitution, the rulings from SCOTUS affecting the Constitution. What would you done if there was a slave rebellion prior to the Civil War and you were in a militia or the Army...would yo have fought to put the rebellion down? What if the suffereage movement got out of control? Womans rights? Just asking if we only care about the parts that affect us, the ones that we think we know, or all of it regardless of the time period that we could be living in.

Yeah, I swore the same oath a million times and it is important....But just the fact that you swore that oath to be in a standing army foes against the wishes of the Founding Fathers to even have a standing army. And I highly doubt that fighting the Taliban for 10 years plus is something they would have agreed with also. Remember the parts about defending the Constitution? So far it has been awhile since someone could really do any damage to our rights which is what the intent of the oath is.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    <--- This guy

Link?
    This is not the original article I read but here is a link: Obama To Take Oath In Private. Because It's None Of Your Business, That's Why - Tony Katz - [page]

Just google "obama oath of office 2013".
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quotes from the link posted above... ^^^^

"I heard Obama is going to have the ceremony in his hometown of Kenya."

"King Hussein will be donning his royal robes, with crown and scepter surrounded by Taliban party goers with his hand on the Qur'an. In his other hand holding a Swastika. While both hands will have both fingers crossed...of course."

"He's doing all this because of the vitriolic disdain that the administration has for the American people."

What does this have to do with the OP ?
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links