First Gun

This is a discussion on First Gun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I bought my first gun :) my girlfriend bought it actually we picked up a Regent 1911 R100 I was looking into it before we ...

Thread: First Gun

First Gun

I bought my first gun :) my girlfriend bought it actually we picked up a Regent 1911 R100 I was looking into it before we bought it, its classified as a "budget" 1911 its on par with RIA's 1911 but the finish is better (what the reviews say) picked it up in .45 all steel 1911 A1 style nothing fancy one magazine. Bought viper oil and several gun wipes for it.
    I plan to make some time to hit a range with a member on this forum I know locally so I can have him check it out for me and look over my shoulder the first time I clean it (it was the display gun) I want to make sure I don't run into any problems with it.
    There is a fun show on Thor 12-13 and I am planning on buying 3 black magazines so i can have 4 with my range ammo and 6 silver magazines to have SD amm o this makes sense to me so I don't mix ammo but I know they will both shoot differently.
    The gun can use aftermarket parts and all I plan to change are my hammer and trigger later next year once I get a good feel for it.

I am looking into classes and I know the class here usually dosnt involve the fee for the state which is fine.
    I also know I need a cleaning rod maybe a kit plan to purchase a metal ammo can to store everything suck as oil/ammo/ect and the fgun will stay in the case it came with. No kids in the house so no worries and I have it stored in a place in the room that unleash you knew what you were looking for you won't find it.

Is there any advice you can give me that I might need for it?

I purchased it from academy for 450 in total came out to 505 with the 5 dollar cleaning wipes and 13 for the venom gun oil w t3.

Thank you all for your time
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    First thing would be to check out this thread:

1911 Colt & Clone FUNCTION CHECK

I'd recommend running several hundred rounds of FMJ rounds through it, then try a quality JHP. It may or may not function with JHP without a polishing of the feed ramp and tuning of the extractor. Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Just did the safties the only one I couldn't due is the slam the slide back empty chamber but the lever to slam it back is hard I'm thinking because its new plan to strip it and clean it properly before firing.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Links