Cetme's

This is a discussion on Cetme's within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I built a CETME from a parts kit with a brand new spanish barrel. It's my favorite rifle....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Cetme's

I built a CETME from a parts kit with a brand new spanish barrel. It's my favorite rifle.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I bought a different rifle today, a Mini Mauser. I'll start looking again in a month or two. Thanks guys for the info.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

I have a Century Cetme 308...

I got it in about 2003 new for $449 at a small gun shop in southern Ohio near my home... about a year later I got a knock on my door early Saturday morning and thought...***??? WHen I opened the door there were about 3 ATF agents standing there as well as 2 local sherrif's detectives. They politely asked to see the Cetme and when I asked why, they said the dealer that I bought it from had converted a couple to full auto for his buddies. I believe I remember the dealers name was R & R Guns out on St RT 772.
    Anyway, when ATF went to arrest the dealer, he shot (and killed) himself as opposed to a number of years of vacation in the big house. They were visiting everyone who had bought the same model to make sure none of us had a full auto version... To be honest I was a little nervous when I handed it to them as they seemed to noticed the polished bolt group I had done on it. Anyway, off they drove after about an hour and the Cetme stayed here at home. Smile... they didnt ask to see my shop or they would have found a Bridgeport, Monarch lathe, Hyd. Press, Etc.... Honestly, I felt like asking them how many mechanical engineering graduates and good gunsmith's there are in this country that have a shop at home...and do they think that full auto is rocket science, but I kept my mouth shut and just smiled!
    I love my Cetme... the gun sounds like a cannon compared to the AR's... I always get a chuckle at the range as everybody and his brother has an AR clone it seems, and when they hear the Cetme they all look to see what's making the racket :-) I had a failure to eject when I got it but with a little work on the ejector (it wasnt protruding thru the bolt high enough to kick the brass out, so the spent brass would try to cycle back into the chamber) and cleaning the sand that Century left in the chamber flutes, it is an absolute blast for realitively little money! These guns need the chamber fluting clean as it helps the brass come out of the chamber on extraction. I have put thousands of rounds thru it and not no jam or misfire except for that first day. I have 2 steel cetme 20 round clips and 3 aluminum G3 20 rounders, all work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    This is the one to get IMO - PTR-91F NEW-IN-BOX PTR-91 Rifle, +5 Extra MAGS : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

You want an 18" barrel, and don't pay extra for adjustable stock/fancy rail thingy. This is what I have (more or less) and I think I paid $1100 in spring 2008 for it.

Austin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links