Was Asked my Opinion Today - Page 2

Was Asked my Opinion Today

This is a discussion on Was Asked my Opinion Today within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by BugDude One popular comeback for the antis is "But a gun is designed to kill" to which I reply "And alcohol is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Was Asked my Opinion Today

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post

One popular comeback for the antis is "But a gun is designed to kill" to which I reply "And alcohol is designed to get people drunk."
    One might argue that "gas chambers, gallows, electric chairs, and lethal injections" are designed to kill...guns are designed for self-defense...I'm just sayin'...
    zacii, BugDude and Brad426 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Due to our 2nd amendment rights a person does not have to justify a need for any type weapon they own. Many of the anti questions are design to back us into a corner or if we don't give the so called "logical" answer we come across as looney gun freaks. The anti people have learned well from Marketing Firms.......
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Did you high-five? Man hug, maybe?
    Chest bump, even?
    Brad426 likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    As usual, BugDude's post is logical and articulate. I too will use his words.

As to marketing and public relations, I've often felt we need our own marketing firm so as to use the same tools our enemies are using against us. "Might for Right."

Perhaps along with our training in weaponry, tactics, and law, we need some classes on countering dis-information.
    BugDude likes this.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Bugdude,

You ever think about running for an office?

LOL. No. I hate politics and too many skeletons in my closet from my misguided youth.
    Brad426 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Great interaction with your buddy. No doubt he feels more comfortable and competent talking about the issue with people in his circle of friends.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Well said B-Dude! I've been asked my gun-opinion so often lately that I've had to edit & simplify the contents so as to leave the anti's minimal wiggle room. Limiting the availability & access of any effective killing technology only serves to handicap those who would use that same technology for protection. It was true of sticks & stones, then arrows & spears, then swords & muskets and now firearms. It's aggression & violence that must be courageously thwarted, not gun ownership.
    BugDude likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    If you have some old NRA magazines hanging around you might want to consider passing them along to this guy and maybe others who are interested. Our side has been taking quite a hit in the media for some time and it is time that people see us for what we really are and not what the haters say we are.
    BugDude likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links