So when the AWB does NOT pass >>>>>>

This is a discussion on So when the AWB does NOT pass >>>>>> within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; (See how optimistic I am !!! ) Will we be seeing Rifles for cheap like under $500 ?? I would think the market would be ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By TX expat
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By pittypat21

Thread: So when the AWB does NOT pass >>>>>>

(See how optimistic I am !!! ) Will we be seeing Rifles for cheap like under $500 ?? I would think the market would be saturated with so many rifles people trying to dump. I would think that people that paid double and maybe even triple the regular price will want to try and get as much money back or will they just try to dump it as fast as they can just to get some kind of return ??? God Bless

2. Remove Ads

No. People won't want to take a loss on what they bought high, so the market will be new only, and the new guns will go up a bit too since people will still be playing catch up for a while yet. Spikes in sales like this tend to increase prices overall, justified or not. Production gets increased, at increased expense...

Austin

Hopefully all of this non-sense will be over. Hopefully I will be in a position to buy something, anything.

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    No. People won't want to take a loss on what they bought high, so the market will be new only, and the new guns will go up a bit too since people will still be playing catch up for a while yet. Spikes in sales like this tend to increase prices overall, justified or not. Production gets increased, at increased expense...

Austin
    Yup, this pretty much sums it up.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    (See how optimistic I am !!! ) Will we be seeing Rifles for cheap like under $500 ?? I would think the market would be saturated with so many rifles people trying to dump. I would think that people that paid double and maybe even triple the regular price will want to try and get as much money back or will they just try to dump it as fast as they can just to get some kind of return ??? God Bless
    I admire optimism, even when I don't share it. The rifle inventory has been hammered, so it will take awhile to replenish. After this particular scare, I wouldn't expect many to dump their recent acquisitions at a loss anytime soon.
    soonershoote likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

j
    Quote Originally Posted by Foo909 View Post
    Hopefully all of this non-sense will be over. Hopefully I will be in a position to buy something, anything.
    Good luck. As I stated a few weeks ago, I find myself in a very unusual situation. Ordinarily, I see a gun for sale that I want, but do not have the funds. Now I have plenty of funds, but cannot find the guns I want. Granted, a Shield 9mm and a SIG 938 or 238 SAS are in high demand (and were long before the Connecticut atrocity), but a steel j frame? They used to be very gettable. No longer. All I can find around here are a few Glocks, some XDs, and Tauruses.

VIP Member
    Honestly at this point I'm not concerned with what the market on ARs and AKs does. I don't think we're going to see anything too bad pass right now, but the writing is on the wall. If elections don't go our way in the next 2-6 years we're likely going to be looking at some really bad situations. Thus, I am going to focus on guns that I don't believe will be among the most hated. I'm about to order a Garand from the GMP I may pick up another 1911 and for sure a couple of revolvers are in my future. I don't know why but I have a feeling that we're going to see an attempt to tell us we can keep what we own but they can't leave our homes. If that happens it would make it difficult to take ARs and Aks to the range. I'd like to have some stuff I could still go out and shoot because I simply enjoy shooting. Right now other than some revolvers and a 1911 everything I own are things that they are most focused on attacking.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

The only problem I'm having right now is a lack of moolah to spend. If I had the cash, I'd have a Glock 21 by now. Given my financial situation, I'm ok with the number of rifles we have now, so I won't even be looking for quite some time.
    soonershoote likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    j

Good luck. As I stated a few weeks ago, I find myself in a very unusual situation. Ordinarily, I see a gun for sale that I want, but do not have the funds. Now I have plenty of funds, but cannot find the guns I want. Granted, a Shield 9mm and a SIG 938 or 238 SAS are in high demand (and were long before the Connecticut atrocity), but a steel j frame? They used to be very gettable. No longer. All I can find around here are a few Glocks, some XDs, and Tauruses.
    I'll need it, I'm having to sell everything I've acquired to keep a roof over our heads! lol.

There is a website called ARMSLIST - Gun Classifieds that may help with your search for a particular weapon (usually on the used market, but some new) , also Slickguns | Best deals on guns and ammo posted by users has a search feature for firearms I've found to be helpful in the past.

I don't think we'll see "fire sale" prices on previously purchased rifles. However, I think (and hope) there will be a flood of stripped lowers on Armslist and GunBroker for cheap (all those people who bought 10 at a time before the rush, on speculation).
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

Why aren't manufacturers running the assembly lines on "fast" day and night right now? On the off chance that a ban does happen, seems they'd want to be making as much money as possible now before the gov't bans one of their main revenue streams. Even if the ban doesn't go through, wouldn't this be the time to take advantage of the rush, before the bubble bursts?

OTOH, if manufacturers misjudge, then when the panic dies out, there will be excess supply and prices will drop.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

Links