The news media is manipulating the public

This is a discussion on The news media is manipulating the public within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The news media is manipulating the public they are trying to create another Civil War just to have something exciting and new to report as ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The news media is manipulating the public

The news media is manipulating the public they are trying to create another Civil War just to have something exciting and new to report as the news. the news media thrives on disaster destruction and death and shootings. they love anything that they can manipulate to get a better story. and sometimes *agitate the people to do things for a better story. and also report stories knowing that it will give other people An idea to do the same thing. We know they don't care about the people that are involved. they just want a good story. we all know the news media doesn't always tell you the truth. they blow things out of proportion. and they dislike certain groups and organizations and people. and they will go out of their way to stir up trouble so they get a better story. The news media is supposed to be 100% non-bias with no opinion just reporting the news. but today they are controlled by large corporations who have an agenda against certain groups of people. So they manipulate the news to get what they want. and to get a better story. We all know the statistics they are telling the people are not correct. showing the crime rate involving firearms. We are getting shafted by the news media who controls the majority of the public. and by our government who has an agenda to make us defenseless. Our government and the news media keep telling the majority of the public that are second amendment is for hunting and sport shooting. they purposely never mention what it's actually intended for. they are brainwashing people. then they say we will let you have weapons but not those kind of weapons. *we will not let you have the type of weapons for which the Second Amendment was for. *If I recall when we were fighting the British we had weapons of equal power if we did not we would not have one. The Japanese said they would never invade this country because there are too many weapons in the United States. *Now we have terrorist groups right in this country what is to stop them from doing something if we have no means to protect ourselves. *Do you think our government has been watching very closely other countries where the people over threw a bad government, and that might be why they want us defenseless. *All firearm deaths 2009 : 31,347
    Average deaths per year from Tobacco use: 499,000....
    drunk drivers kill an estimated 12,000 Americans each year and hurt tens of thousands more. *But nobody is bringing up these issues. *And you cannot use alcohol or cigarette tobacco to defend your life. But they want to take a tool away from you that you can defend your life with. They are just using the death of these children to get what they want. that is to make us defenseless against them.. We constantly talk *about the statistics here, the real statistics and some of us come up with extremely good information that should be passed on. all we keep doing here is preaching to ourselves *instead of getting the real statistics and the word out to the general public, who do not belong to any gun related groups therefore the general public. the only information they get is from the news media and that is where they base their decisions from. *Why is it the NRA does not purchase time on something like the Fox news giving people the real statistics and telling them where they can look up the statistics *if they do not believe them. The general public is the majority, *they are the strength we need to fight against *these tyrants. *I feel so defenseless against the new news media that no longer reports the news as it is. they now have a biased opinion and they report their opinion like the news. *and the public believes it as the news. The news media is supposed to be 100% non biased *with no opinion just reporting the news.*
    How can we get our voice out to the general public. talking on here we have the opportunity to come up with ideas. *we have many very large gun related companies. who I do not hear anything from, *yes they might donate money to the NRA, but I think they have the opportunity and strength to get the word out to the general public. their business depends upon the outcome. why are these large businesses not coming together and sponsoring some time on TV to help and try to educate the general public with the real fax. how many lives have been saved by a weapon. the real statistics. should we all *start writing to large gun companies. and also firearms related supplies, companies who manufacture accessories for hunting anything related to shooting hunting self-defense. And ask them to come together and possibly get the word out to the general public on TV. the people who are already in the gun culture know what the real statistics are, but the general public only believes what the news media tells them

You did a lot of talking but didn't offer any examples or proof to support your point. No one that possesses any semblance of critical thinking that doesn't already agree with what you said is going to be swayed. We need better arguments then this if we are going to prevail against the arguments of the anti's. I guess this is to be expected when you live in a society where half of the electorate demonizes being intellectual...
    wmhawth likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

The media has done this for a long time; the present administration has them in their hip pocket. They will continue to propagate the party-line on class warfare, evils of conservatism, anti-2A rhetoric, new world order, anti-God/pro-secular society, etc, etc, etc.

It's so unfortunate that this has become a nation that is now made of a majority of entitlement-minded lemmings that believe all the dung shoveled by the slime-stream media.
    bigmacque and BugDude like this.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    A large segment of the public is not interested in facts, regardless of how presented. They are acting on pure illogical emotion.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quit reading the giant wall of text. Paragraphs and tabbing are your friend.

As is capitalization.

USMC Shooting Team
    Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
    Texas CHL since 1996.

Iraq 2004 to 2011.
    Afghanistan 2012 to present.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Sometimes copy/paste is not your friend. And of course the media tries to manulate. It's good for ratings.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

NMB
    The sad reality is that the Media doesnt give a damn about politics.

They want ratings, money, and thats it. Politics, gun control in particular is VERY controversial. People get fire up about it, and in turn watch the news, thus creating revenue.

The more bias and grandiose the reporting, the more views. Fox News perfected this for the right wing, MSNBC has taken the ball and ran with it for the left.
    Sig 210 likes this.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    The news media has always manipulated the public. Remember the Maine.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Wish I could remember who said this last night on O'Reilly (my memory is shrinking fast):

" .... the stenographers that we call the mainstream media."

But it was a good point.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Not all people are believing or allowed to be misled by the left wing press. Case in point, The Palm Beach Post, the only major newspaper in Palm Beach County Florida, has lost about 60,000 subscribers down from about 150,000 and was forced to reduce their staff by about 50%. They also no longer print their paper, they contract it out to their competitor in Broward county. They blamed the losses on everything except their very biased left wing support/views.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Say it ain't so!!! Damn, and I was believing everything they said too. :)
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Not all people are believing or allowed to be misled by the left wing press. Case in point, The Palm Beach Post, the only major newspaper in Palm Beach County Florida, has lost about 60,000 subscribers down from about 150,000 and was forced to reduce their staff by about 50%. They also no longer print their paper, they contract it out to their competitor in Broward county. They blamed the losses on everything except their very biased left wing support/views.
    Newspapers everywhere have downsized, or gone under. On-line advertising has hammered their traditional revenue streams.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

NMB
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Thats a poor example, printed media is going under pretty much everywhere. People read their news online and want instant updates.

The printed word will be all but gone in the next 10 years.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Surely you are joking. They wouldn't lie to us sheep.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links