Magazine ban 2013, its happening!!!

This is a discussion on Magazine ban 2013, its happening!!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by SgtRick I am currently sitting in a plywood B hut at FOB Salerno Afghanistan. I do try my best to keep up ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Magazine ban 2013, its happening!!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRick View Post
    I am currently sitting in a plywood B hut at FOB Salerno Afghanistan. I do try my best to keep up with what is happening in the states. All I have to read is internet news put out by a very biased media. I have contacted my reps in Texas and expressed my views. Democrat Congressman Gene Green lives in my neighborhood actually. All I can do from here is read and form my own opinion. I read alot more anti 2A than pro. I will be the first to admit that I do not have as many outlets to find out what is really going on as ya'll do.
    Glad you can make it here, at any rate. You are certainly doing your part, an effort which I and many others appreciate.
    QKShooter and Jetfuelrm like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

I am currently sitting in a plywood B hut at FOB Salerno Afghanistan. I do try my best to keep up with what is happening in the states. All I have to read is internet news put out by a very biased media. I have contacted my reps in Texas and expressed my views. Democrat Congressman Gene Green lives in my neighborhood actually. All I can do from here is read and form my own opinion. I read alot more anti 2A than pro. I will be the first to admit that I do not have as many outlets to find out what is really going on as ya'll do.
    God bless you and thank you for taking the fight to our enemies door. you're surrounded by men and women who think like we do, let them know whats going on here and help them get involved during their free time. its easy to get disconnected over there, i know. your 1st priority is to kill/help kill our enemies. your second is to come home with all your arms and legs to the people who love you, and your third is to spread this message to every damn army dog, devil dog, sailor and flyboy on that FOB!!!
    QKShooter, Jeanlouise and oneshot like this.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Youtube is the video version of Facebook.
    Are you referencing his video or the comments. If his video, what problems did you have with it?
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    *knock on door*

Yes?
    - Hi, I see you have four cars in your driveway. That's too many. I'm going to have to take a couple.

No, they're mine. You can't have any.
    - Well, you need to be fair. Can't we come up with a compromise here?

No, I paid for them, they're mine.
    - Well, the neighbor down the street got drunk and drove his car over a kid on a tricycle and killed him. You have a couple cars that are the SAME COLOR! You're going to have turn them in.

Ummm, no. I don't drink and drive. And I have a clean driving record.
    (big Puss in Boots kitty eyes) - Well, how about just one? Just one car? You'll still have three left. Please. It's for the children. Just get one car off the streets. Show the people you care about the children.

(wearing down) Well, okay..... Taking one is better than two.
    - Thank you. I knew we could compromise. Thanks for showing good faith.

(fast forward a few months)
    *knock on door*
    Yes?
    Hi. I see you have three cars.

---

Don't give 'em an inch. That's all we've been giving them, one inch at a time. "Compromise" is us giving them what they want.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Currently deployed to Africa... Ive let all my senators and reps know how I feel on the subject. As the Sarge up in Afghanistan said... he really does suck that all this is going down while we are so far from home. I am constantly reading the news and following this forums for any and all info I can gather.
    QKShooter and Jeanlouise like this.

Illinois is going through some horrendous machinations now! Apparently, regardless of what the Supreme Court has ruled, Illinois Democrats seem hellbent on depriving the Illinois citizens their rights. I will say it again, if we aren't burning up the email, snail mail and phone lines talking to our representatives, then shame on us!

Chicago Democrats Introduce Assault Weapons Ban For Illinois - Illinois Review
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

No infringements!

line-in-the-sand.jpg
    aus71383 and airslot like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    If hi-cap mags are the only thing that get banned I would consider that a victory for us.

^^^^You guys know what he meant.^^^^^^^

We, most likely will lose more than just mag caps.
    But with that said,

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke
    Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)

Here is a link to the NRA-ILA to track down an adress or e mail for your elected officials.
    NRA-ILA | Write Your Reps
    Please e mail them and let them know how you feel.
    Doesn't even have to be a long letter
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by nick060200 View Post
    this is the attitude that will burry us. so the next time something happens and they threaten to take everything we own away and we say "if they just take our pistols and not our long guns too, that would be a victory"

dont give them one inch folks. follow the link in the video, you can take 5 mins of your day to send letters to our officials.
    It will just be "death by inches" if they only pass a high-cap mag ban now... later they will introduce other bans, and after that, other bans, until all guns are banned.

I think it is going to be a hard political battle, but I hope we come out victorious on all fronts.
    jumpwing likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I have sent emails, and I got a reply from my senator that seemed hopeful. Basically it said she is against any regulations that would limit our 2nd amendment rights, and that she is more concerned with mental health and glorification of violence in the media and video games.

Might as well quote it:

Thank you for contacting me in opposition to gun control legislation in the wake of the horrifying tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut.

These shootings were acts of violence that our country has experienced far too often. I was shaken as I learned of the details of the shooting, which cut short the lives of so many little children and seven adults, causing such immense suffering and unspeakable grief for their families and their community.

I grew up in northern Maine where responsible gun ownership is part of the heritage of many families. While our country should examine what can be done to help prevent gun violence, denying the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens won't change the behavior of those who intend on using firearms for criminal purposes.

We need to have a national conversation to try to avert another devastating shooting. To be fruitful, however, that discussion must do more than focus solely on regulating firearms; it also needs to examine issues such as the glorification of violence in the media and video games and the mental health system in this country.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

Susan M. Collins
    United States Senator

She is Republican, so I guess I was expecting that response. Mike Michaud, the congressman in my district, has not replied even with a super generic reply. He's on the "other side of the isle" so I'll keep after him until I hear something back.

To all the PA members. Go over to
    Harrisburg 23 Jan 2013 1100 start

Join the forum and take a look at the rally that is being organized in Harrisburg on the 23rd.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Folks also make sure your checking out the gun legislation forum on here. It's not as popular but needs to be the most popular forum in the coming weeks/months so you can stay informed on what's going on and how you can help.

This link will take you to a website where you can quickly and easily email your Senators, Congressmen and the President: Congress.org – Get informed, get involved

It only takes a tiny amount of time and this must be done before these bills get put up for a vote. As it stands today, these bans very likely have enough support to pass and these bills will likely not expire.

If you don't feel like writing your own letter, please feel free to copy and paste mine. Obviously you're welcome to tweak the wording in any way, but please send something before it's too late!

Please, NO MORE GUN LEGISLATION!!! No more magazine or"assault weapon" bans!

Studies and statistics prove stricter gun laws do little or NOTHING to reduce violent crimes. If you want to reduce gun related violence, get law enforcement to crack down on illegal intercity violence. This is where the vast majority of gun violence is and there are plenty of gun laws already on the books to send violators away for years! Yes, it's sad some children have been killed by some nut-case, but this is certainly not the norm and an incredibly small portion of our violence issues. Passing more gun laws would not have stopped this from happening, the same (or more) damage could have been done any number of ways… including using weapons that folks like Sen. Dianne Feinstein's want to ban. If you want to reduce or minimize gun violence and tragedies in our schools, allow concealed carry by staff members… that’s the only thing that’s been proven to detour, minimize, and mitigate mass shootings. More laws and signs on the doors do nothing. If anything, reducing gun rights and instituting gun free zones have proven to be breading grounds for increased violence.

The expiration of the previous AWB/magazine ban and the continued massive reduction of violent crime as a whole since its expiration prove this. We have plenty of laws on the books already, adding more laws does nothing to reduce violence with those who are determined to inflict harm and ill‑will on others. Bad people have no regard for the existing laws and will find ways to inflict harm if that's what they are hell bent on doing.

Adding additional gun legislation only penalizes those that obey the laws and there's no reason to punish those people. Please, vote against more gun legislation and do everything you can to preserve our rights.

Sincerely,

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Youtube is the video version of Facebook.
    This.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Legislators are perfectly aware of the facts concerning restrictions and their ineffectiveness. Don't be fooled into thinking that elected officials who claim to support gun control are in any way sincere about what they're doing. This is a power grab for some, and political capital for others, but it is NOT any kind of heartfelt crusade no matter what they say in front of the cameras.

Whatever we lose in the coming months WILL STAY LOST.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links