NEWS FLASH: 30 ct .223 mags CANNOT BE BANNED because...

This is a discussion on NEWS FLASH: 30 ct .223 mags CANNOT BE BANNED because... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Seems the 10 round mags for the 458SOCOM, which would be legal under a ban, are also 30 round .223 mags. Identical. What if my ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 5 Post By Crowman
  • 3 Post By Smitty901
  • 1 Post By JasonJ
  • 3 Post By OldVet

Thread: NEWS FLASH: 30 ct .223 mags CANNOT BE BANNED because...

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

NEWS FLASH: 30 ct .223 mags CANNOT BE BANNED because...

Seems the 10 round mags for the 458SOCOM, which would be legal under a ban, are also 30 round .223 mags. Identical.

What if my 30rd magazine is really a 10-rounder?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    While I like the ambition we all know this argument wouldn't fly.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

NEWS FLASH: "They" don't care...............
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

After they ban the 30 the 10 will be next then the 5 then them all that is the plan.

if youre lucky they might let you keep flintlock pistols and single shot blackpowder rifles.
    gdvan01 likes this.

VIP Member
    A ban will not prevent any violence! It is about control. We need to make sure people who don't care about this know its about control and not to prevent any thing. This is the same as the healthcare, Control over its subjects! I refuse to become a subject! I am a citizen.
    Right now they are asking to ban as much as they can. Most Americans think the large mags are not needed and will be the easiest to get into the bipartisan gun laws. Once they get a new gun on the books they will be able to add to it without a vote or fight. They know how to get around it since the last one expired.
    I think at some point they can and will come after our mags, they are even going to omit a grandfather claus and try and require us to turn in what we have or pay a tax stamp on each item!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    A ban will not prevent any violence! It is about control. We need to make sure people who don't care about this know its about control and not to prevent any thing. This is the same as the healthcare, Control over its subjects! I refuse to become a subject! I am a citizen.
    Right now they are asking to ban as much as they can. Most Americans think the large mags are not needed and will be the easiest to get into the bipartisan gun laws. Once they get a new gun on the books they will be able to add to it without a vote or fight. They know how to get around it since the last one expired.
    I think at some point they can and will come after our mags, they are even going to omit a grandfather claus and try and require us to turn in what we have or pay a tax stamp on each item!
    Exactly. And once they establish the conceit that more gun control = less crime, they will continue to increase the scope, bit by bit. What's the alternative for them, admit they are wrong? Decide suddenly that the bill of rights does not grant us the right to bear arms, but instead grantees a natural right will be free from government restriction? Decide they would rather be accountable to armed citizens rather than helpless, dependent subjects?

The part that makes me sick is that any gun control passed will not reduce crime, it will only empower criminals. Worse, each new restriction will be passed on the back of another tragedy that was not, and can not be prevented by disarming responsible citizens.

Support the NRA. Get your friends and family to support the NRA. Make your voice heard.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Simple wording such as; ...with the capacity to hold more than ten rounds... would include that. Any ban law may not specificly identify the caliber, only the capacity of the mag.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJ View Post
    if youre lucky they might let you keep flintlock pistols and single shot blackpowder rifles.
    Currently I'm trying to think "outside the box" ..... I'm starting to hoard rocks.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Keep those rockpiles to no more than ten!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Keep those rockpiles to no more than ten!
    who "needs" a high capacity rock pile if they aren't planning on killing?

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    who "needs" a high capacity rock pile if they aren't planning on killing?
    I use them for hunting....I'm a pacifist.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Links