Walther Changes from S&W to Umarex USA

This is a discussion on Walther Changes from S&W to Umarex USA within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Intelligence Bulletin Umarex Now Handles Walther Umarex will now be distributing Walther in the United States. The switch over will be happening over the course ...

Thread: Walther Changes from S&W to Umarex USA

VIP Member

Walther Changes from S&W to Umarex USA

Intelligence Bulletin

Umarex Now Handles Walther

Umarex will now be distributing Walther in the United States. The switch over will be happening over the course of the next few months with Umarex taking over most of the line immediately.

Previously, Smith & Wesson was licensed to distribute and service Walther in the USA.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

2. Remove Ads

Walther merged with Umarex in 1993 and it appears they are about to terminate their joint plan of 1999 with Smith & Wesson being the distributor.
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...&content=10002
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Walther merged with Umarex in 1993 and it appears they are about to terminate their joint plan of 1999 with Smith & Wesson being the distributor.
    AboutUs - Walther America
    Umarex has been on a strong growth path for the past few years. Umarex USA and RWS continue their completion changing brand names RWS and RWS/Umarex to just Umarex. Most in the us probably know Umarex best for their air-guns which was kept separated from their growing line of firearms in the USA. As a dealer my experience with Umarex has always been very positive. They are a dynamic growth company. While S&W has a solid reputation and a well established US base of loyal customers, they are not a growth company. While their revenues have risen dramatically in the past year they are not making acquisitions needed to grow. Walther may be ready to stand alone as Walther USA under the Umarex umbrella.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

My LGS was just talking to me about this. I really like the PPS9mm but I'm also a huge S&W guy. He was telling me about the relationship with smith and walther had been diminishing for some time now. Not heard of Umarex but will still be looking at the PPS is nothing changes.
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

My wife loves her PPS9! (I do too, but it's not mine anymore...) And I still want a PPQ9!

The names on the checks change but nothing else really does.
    I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Links