sig 2022

This is a discussion on sig 2022 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am just curious if anyone has had a chance to shoot the polymer parabellem alongside the 226? I am a bit of a Sig ...

Thread: sig 2022

sig 2022

I am just curious if anyone has had a chance to shoot the polymer parabellem alongside the 226? I am a bit of a Sig Sauer fan and love my 226r, however the price and weight reduction of the pro-series does intrigue me. I am mainly concerned about accuracy. Any info would be great .

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    This sounds like a good question to refer to the SIG Forum. I believe the address is sigforum.com.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Having owned 3 P226s and currently the SIG Pro, I can say that the SIG Pro gives up NOTHING to the 226 and in some ways is better. Boasting the same mag. capacity, the SIG Pro is every bit as accurate but with a (theoretically) longer-lasting frame (vs. alloy), fewer moving parts and more simplicity, and a better DA trigger.

The SIG Pro has been GREAT over the last 2.5+ years, and I'll never part with mine. I never understood why it wasnt more popular.
    http://www.myspace.com/sgeringer
    SIG SP2009<>XD45 4"<>S&W 638-3<>GLOCK20<>Mossberg Mav88

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Have a buddy that,like me,owns two identical weapons. One to train with, and one to carry. They are SigPro 2340's.

He has owned these weapons for ~8years. His training weapon has (just guessin')6-8k rds. thru it. His carry weapon has probably 1000rds of his HOT(!) handloads. Never a problem with either weapon.

A "decock" is not for me but have shot his weapons and they both shoot very good, with not the expected recoil and bbl flip as one would think given the performance of the loading. ---------

thanks fellas. I had little doubt since it is a Sig for God sake. I just love my 226 so much, but I sure would like the weight reduction. Guess I will start saving my pennies. I think poly is quite a bit tougher the alloy anyway. Don't think it will be a replacement though thats just blasphemy.

Administrator
    The early pro's had some issues, our dept. bought some for testing. They are still in use today after about 6-7 years. The guys who had them liked them, but we since have been switching over to 220's and 226's.

I don't like them for one reason, that is during a tactical reload, the mag floor plate kept pinching my hand against the magwell.

I have the SP2340 I sold it about a year and a half ago. My friend never shot it since and sold it back to me. I took it out to the range for the first time a couple weeks ago and shot a 3-4 inch group with. Just like it never left. But yeah these guns are very accurate, it helps if the shooter is accurate as well :) My Pro is somewhere around 7yrs old with original parts, it was my first carry gun.

I think the website sasys its actually nearly the same weight as the 229. I might be wrong through.

I have shot both (just not side by side). Actually, it was more than a year apart. However, I will say that my typical group sizes with the Sig Pro 9mm are half the size of the ones that I fired with the 226 .40 S&W.
    Yes, there are many factors that play into this. However, they all lead to the fact that the 2022 is the better choice for me.
    Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them).

Links