Another Gun Debate at work - Page 2

Another Gun Debate at work

This is a discussion on Another Gun Debate at work within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; You need to get a Job as Ted Nugents response writer. "Don't rub the lamp if you don't want the Genie to come out" I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Another Gun Debate at work

You need to get a Job as Ted Nugents response writer.
    "Don't rub the lamp if you don't want the Genie to come out" I will remember that one and probably use it.
    BugDude likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Well done as always BugDude. You will have that whole building turned around in no time, though most just seem ignorant, and as Glockmanns sig implies, it is fixable! Keep up the good work.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

The only way that could have been better is if you had ended your response by actually farting on his suit
    BugDude likes this.

Great response. I'm stealing this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Get in line ... J

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    The only way that could have been better is if you had ended your response by actually farting on his suit
    LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybm View Post
    Get in line ... J
    Feel free to steal away...as long as you promise to go to Congress.org and send electronic letters to your State and Federal representatives using the arguments. It is easy, takes 1 minute, and you can copy and paste. I'm personally sending 3 letters per day. The fight is here, and now is the time!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    When the opportunity presents itself, you might also add that he has no Constitutionally-affirmed right to alcohol.
    This ... Beat me to it.
    "One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms." - Constitutional scholar Joseph Story, 1840

VIP Member
    Hey BigDude, did you ask him if five shots* are enough?

* five shots of alcohol**

** Hey man, any time I can work in a reference to your infamous thread*** I'll do it!

*** How many times were 5 shots not enough?)

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    LOL. Only when my old lady's not around.

She thinks I'm just a 4x4 truck driving redneck tye-dye wearing hippy wannabe who spends entirely too much time and money on guns, golf, and funny little Volkswagen clown cars. And when I'm not doing that I'm sleeping in my lazyboy recliner "watching" Velocity, Speed channel, or golf while I sleep. Not that there's anything wrong with any of that. I apologized for not liking to watch HGTV (does that make me sensitive?)
    I like guns and golf, but you lose me when it comes to VW's. I just appreciate the fact that you are making intelligent arguments in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    People in $1800 Armani suits usually don't like being made to look like a fool.
    "Armani's" lack of critical thinking skills are what embarrassed him and made him look the fool. That others recognized it didn't change much, except for his conceited illusion of his own critical thinking skills.

But then, you've got a good point about watching the "six." One never knows what jilted ones are capable of doing, particularly if they're in any role that can affect us.

Good on ya, Sixto. There's a time and place for everything. That tired surface thinking got outed for what it is, and a person who previously believed walking over others had no consequences got disabused of his mistaken concept. Often it's very much worth doing ... simply, respectfully, directly. Now, at least, another 5+ folks appreciate they also need not simply grin and bear it, with this guy.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    This guy's jabbing could be considered a problem fro an HR perspective. If he keeps it up, don't engage and go to HR.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    BugDude, I wish I could have met you before you ran off to FL. Maybe some of the well articulated red neck might have worn off on me. Thanks for adding ammo for my responses to the anti's.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    This guy's jabbing could be considered a problem fro an HR perspective. If he keeps it up, don't engage and go to HR.
    Of all the things wrong with this country, the rise of overbearing HR departments are fairly high on the list.
    BugDude likes this.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    This bozo is creating a hostile work environment. Report him to your bosses, and explain that you're being continually harassed by him and if it isn't nipped in the bud, and pronto, you're considering litigation against the employee, and the company for allowing this behavior.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

He's not an employee, but an independent practitioner. Besides, he doesn't bother me in the least. When he tries to engage me in debate I find it much like fighting a battle of wits with an unarmed man. As in most matters, he's lost as last years Easter egg.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links