Just sent Red Robin Gourmet Foods a Letter concerning their "No Weapons Policy"

This is a discussion on Just sent Red Robin Gourmet Foods a Letter concerning their "No Weapons Policy" within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by archer51 The only problem I see with your letter is the portion I quoted. Since AZ is a Constitutional Carry state, no ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Just sent Red Robin Gourmet Foods a Letter concerning their "No Weapons Policy"

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    The only problem I see with your letter is the portion I quoted. Since AZ is a Constitutional Carry state, no training required anymore, unless you want to get a carry permit.
    The issue however, is that RR has a liquor license, which means that you cannot carry into the establishment without a permit - and if you want a permit, you need training. It's that little caveat that I was thinking of specifically when I wrote that.

It's also why I'm doing what I can to get a permit as soon as possible.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    The issue however, is that RR has a liquor license, which means that you cannot carry into the establishment without a permit - and if you want a permit, you need training. It's that little caveat that I was thinking of specifically when I wrote that.

I've never been to a RR. Wasn't aware they sell alcohol. Since that is the case,I retract my earlier post.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I've eaten at RR in our area and at the one in Knoxville TN. Haven't seen either location posted. Didn't really pay attention at home as signs don't carry weight of law. In TN they do, I'll have to look again. If it's a corp policy, I'll just have to get my fat fix somewhere else. Agree with gottabkiddin, food not all that great.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

VIP Member
    I have never seen a posting on RR and I travel a good bit. There is always a first.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

If I'm carrying or not is no more their business than if I'm wearing boxers or briefs.
    If it doesn't carry the weight of law, I don't care if they post a sign for PC reasons

The question is: Is it possible that enough people will boycott this chain (or any others) because of a posted no carry policy to cause them economic challenge? (After all, economics drives most social and political movements in our free market society, all due respect to those who think morals, values, religious beliefs, etc are the driving factors...). If the answer is NO, then Red Robin could not possibly care less about any letters you send them. Most likely, that is the case, because consumers speak with their wallets, not letters, and if they felt a threat from the "I'm not going to patronize your establishment because of a no guns allowed policy" crowd, they surely would not have posted the signs. More likely, they perceive an opportunity to gain customers from the "I feel safer taking my family to eat because they don't allow guns there" crowd...

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    "Red Robin GOURMET Foods"? If they are that clueless about food I see no reason to go there. I ate in a Red Robin once. It was equal in it's culinary sophistication to Denny's.
    Jetfuelrm likes this.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by GunTrooper View Post
    The question is: Is it possible that enough people will boycott this chain (or any others) because of a posted no carry policy to cause them economic challenge? (After all, economics drives most social and political movements in our free market society, all due respect to those who think morals, values, religious beliefs, etc are the driving factors...). If the answer is NO, then Red Robin could not possibly care less about any letters you send them. Most likely, that is the case, because consumers speak with their wallets, not letters, and if they felt a threat from the "I'm not going to patronize your establishment because of a no guns allowed policy" crowd, they surely would not have posted the signs. More likely, they perceive an opportunity to gain customers from the "I feel safer taking my family to eat because they don't allow guns there" crowd...
    Evidently not as there have been other posts about Red Robins, its signs, and boycotting it, yet the signs remain on select RRs. We are too few in numbers to have an affect on most any chain. You might have an impact on the independent Mom & Pop store.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I've never been to a RR. Wasn't aware they sell alcohol. Since that is the case,I retract my earlier post.
    Ah, lol. Yeah, they have a separate bar area.

BTW - haven't received a response back yet. It's still early in the week, so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post

In FL you can carry into a restaurant even if they have a bar area as long as you sit away from the bar. I have never seen a sign at any restaurant (including RR) near me.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I have to laugh at some signs businesses post. One that comes to mind posted at a Credit Union "No illegal Guns Allowed" as if the would be robber is going to obey.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    In FL you can carry into a restaurant even if they have a bar area as long as you sit away from the bar. I have never seen a sign at any restaurant (including RR) near me.
    Ive never seen a RR around here I must live on the wrong side of the state
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfuelrm View Post
    Ive never seen a RR around here I must live on the wrong side of the state
    They are still pretty new to Florida I think. There's one around Fort Myers if I'm not mistaken.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links