Just sent Red Robin Gourmet Foods a Letter concerning their "No Weapons Policy"

This is a discussion on Just sent Red Robin Gourmet Foods a Letter concerning their "No Weapons Policy" within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is to inform the corporate office that sadly, I can no longer eat at Red Robin. After the Sandy Hook shooting, I made it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Just sent Red Robin Gourmet Foods a Letter concerning their "No Weapons Policy"

Just sent Red Robin Gourmet Foods a Letter concerning their "No Weapons Policy"

This is to inform the corporate office that sadly, I can no longer eat at Red Robin. After the Sandy Hook shooting, I made it my goal to make sure my family and I will never again be at the mercy of a crazed gunman. Since your policy is to require that even concealed carry permit customers not carry into your restaurant, I can no longer in good conscience allow my family to eat there. There are only two places in this area that require no weapons, RR, and a theater. Please tell me, if a gunman wanted to make the most of his outing before getting killed - where would he go, the restaurant that allowed weapons for those trained how to use them (please see Arizona Law on CCW), or the ONE restaurant that does not?

Since I don't fancy allowing my family to sit in free-fire zones for crazed gunmen. We will be eating somewhere else from this point on. I'm sorry, very sorry since your food is fantastic and I've always had good service there.
    Anyone think I'll even get a response?

On that note, I wonder what would happen if thousands of people started sending these responses, and then followed up on their actions.

2. Remove Ads

Lol, just had lunch there today... Was geared up as usual and didn't even see the No Weapons signage... Oh well... One thing I'll say is the burger was just okay, and by that I mean JUST okay.. I won't be going back but not because of the NW policy, just because the hype regarding the burgers is a crock of you know what. Gourmet my foot! Spent $12 + tip for a slicked up Wendy's single and fries, no thank you. Oh' nice letter BTW. I'm sure it will fall of deaf ears and lacking intellect, but hey it's worth a try I guess. JMO, other than writing our state officials, I'd say it's pretty much a waste of time trying persuade these types of places to relax their policy regarding firearms, especially ones that cater to family's like this place does. Cheers!
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

We eat there all the time. My kid likes the all you can eat spaghetti and my wife and I usually get some kind of chicken sandwich

I also carry there all the time, and haven't seen a No Guns sign. I'll look harder next time.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

could that just be at your local RR ours doesn't say either way, but our local indoor range will refuse you if you open carry ?!?!?! not that i open carry, but my point still stands.

Our Red Robin is posted (Wisconsin).
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Red Robbin just opened a place near us and it is not posted in any way... we looked long and hard!
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

One of my favorite places to eat, Buffalo Wild Wings, put a No Guns sign up on their door. Fortunately, in Utah, CCW holders aren't required by law to obey those signs in businesses.

Never noticed any Texas-enforceable 30.06 signage at my local Red Robin (which is good, because their fish and chips are like crack cocaine to me...). Buffalo Wild Wings has a no guns sign on the door, but it is not the 30.06 sign required in Texas. I just smile and walk in. My 16 y/o son and his friends often meet there and I'm glad that legally armed sheepdogs might be in their midst.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

The three that I frequent are not posted (to my knowledge). Red Robin is a franchise and most if not all locations, outside of

maybe their original Seattle, WA location, are independently owned.

I must confess though, I very rarely look for signage here in Washington because signs don't carry the weight of law.
    WINTEJER000 likes this.

Since No-Gun signs have no weight of law in FL,I never pay attention to them.
    I don't even boycott places with them since I don't want to reward the company's ignorance of the FL law with any extra action at all.
    I may get an argument from the forum on this.
    BTW,I have RARELY seen these signs in FL.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    Anyone think I'll even get a response?

On that note, I wonder what would happen if thousands of people started sending these responses, and then followed up on their actions.
    where would he go, the restaurant that allowed weapons for those trained how to use them (please see Arizona Law on CCW)
    The only problem I see with your letter is the portion I quoted. Since AZ is a Constitutional Carry state, no training required anymore, unless you want to get a carry permit.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Robert Heinlein said it best.

"I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. "

Eat, drink, and be safe.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    Red Robbin just opened a place near us and it is not posted in any way... we looked long and hard!
    Assuming you mean Portland? I've been to both that one and Augusta, ME and I haven't seen signs at either. It's likely a franchise decision rather than corporate. I haven't see anything at Buffalo Wild Wings either when I had last gone.

Ate there a couple days ago , didn't notice a sign...however had to disarm in the parking lot of a Buffalo Wild Wing's today. First time in years I've seen a sign in Virginia.

OCed at the one here in Grand Junction with no problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links