Yesterday's Gun Store Tour

This is a discussion on Yesterday's Gun Store Tour within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Will see how much fun the gunshow next weekend is. Just browsing and probably watching the chaos....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Yesterday's Gun Store Tour

Lead Moderator
    Will see how much fun the gunshow next weekend is. Just browsing and probably watching the chaos.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

2. Remove Ads

Maybe this is sending a very powerful message to Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Will see how much fun the gunshow next weekend is. Just browsing and probably watching the chaos.
    Hey Rocky is that the one at the Dullas Expo?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Guess everyone here on Colorado's West Slope already has what they need, large local shop has Black Rifles in the racks, display cases full of handguns and stacks of ammo on the floor and more sales people than customers; AND good prices.

VIP Member
    Last year right after the holidays the inventory was leaned out. This year it got hit a bit harder with the election and now the control talk. From what I understand the manufactures are going full tilt to put products on the shelf. So I expect to see some inventory slowly coming back to the stores.
    Panic purchase is a desperate move, if you wanted something you should have already got one or at least put it on layaway months ago. I enjoy some time in the LGS, but it is alarming to me when the shelves are bare.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Thanks for the report. This is another page in the history books we are living through right now. It'll be interesting to see how things turn out. My concern is that it might get real ugly before its over.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    A few months down the road a lot of the hoarders are going to be thinking, What am I going to do with all this stuff? There are people who buy guns and ammo for a purpose, and then there are peopel who buy them because they're afraid they're going to miss out on something.
    What? You mean I don't really NEED 5 ARs? But I really do need a long one, and a short one, and a tan one, and a green one, and, well, an extra one to turn in to the storm troopers after the others fell out of my SOs boat in a really deep lake.

My 'low ammo' alert is 1,000 rds each of 9mm and 38 special, 300 rds of .35 REM for my Marlin 336 and 200 rds of 7.65 for my Walther. I look forward to after the watered down gun laws are passed so I can load up on more ammo. As far as guns, I feel I am fine right now...

I would like a HD shotgun some day but no rush till after the gun buy panic of 2013 goes away.

I can wait them out. I did back during the last panic and this one is no different.

I did offset the purchase of a M&Pc 9MM for my son for Christmas who is stationed in Lemoore, California and I think he got a screaming deal at $529. The LGS sold 50 of them in a few days. Now my son has to wait the 10 days before he can pick it up...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    This world is really getting crazy. Just like the panic buying in 2008-09, folks are taking what's there rather that what they actually need/want.

Personally, I got caught a little low on ammo, but I can get by on what I've got for a bit. I refuse to add fuel to this fire.

Anyway, that sounds like a fun day. I hope you enjoyed yourself.
    I'm in the same position. I have a bit for each caliber but really honestly "need" more. I'll just hold up until all this starts dying down and stock gets back up! I do however expect a nice 40-round mag for my Ar-15 build in the next week!!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Maybe this is sending a very powerful message to Congress.
    Well hopefully it does but unfortunately for the Lib/Democrats they're terrified they've awoken a beast in the US and are probably so terrified they're scrambling to find ways to turn this against everyone.

Most places are devoid of .223 and ARs, AKs, HK pattern rifles, Mini 14s etc. You name a semi-auto, somewhat militaristic rifle and it is nowhere in existence locally. Did see one shop with a shelf full of .223 at $9/box which was their pre-panic price. That surprised me a bit. What REALLY surprises me is the complete lack of .30-30 ammo! I bought two boxes about two weeks ago and I have not seen a single box at any of four stores I've been to since. One shop (the same with all the .223) had NO 9mm. Not the Wolf, not JHPs, not even that lead-less stuff.

I'm not worried though, I had pretty much everything I wanted before all of this set in. The only thing I have been buying when I come across it is ammo. People are buying up mags, but those don't wear out nearly as fast as ammo!
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links