Good Value Gun Safe?

This is a discussion on Good Value Gun Safe? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm wondering if someone could point me towards a good value gun safe. Something fairly large, 30 gun capacity or so (Seems like if the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Good Value Gun Safe?

Sponsor

Good Value Gun Safe?

I'm wondering if someone could point me towards a good value gun safe. Something fairly large, 30 gun capacity or so (Seems like if the company says 30 guns, it can really hold about 15).

Thanks!
    Clay

2. Remove Ads

EVERYTHING you want to know about buying a safe...there's a lot here...Gun Safe Buyers' Guide
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsor
    Thanks for the link! After the research, I think I'm going to go for a Sturdy Safe, it will bump the purchase out quite a ways, but It seems like a really good quality safe for a good value.

Gun Safes : Fire Safe Manufacturer : Sturdy Gun Safe

Thanks,
    Clay

Distinguished Member
    Just watched that video the other day as I'm in the hunt for a safe as well. After watching, realized I was going to have to budget more for the safe. Might as well invest a little more for real quality.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Spend your money wisely.
    You are either going to buy a good solid safe for protecting your firearms, or you will just be buying a 'metal carrying case'.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Just remember you get what you pay for!!! more $$$ = more security, far too many budget safes can be easily compromised with simple tools in minutes!!!
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Bought a Yukon safe this weekend, heavy enough that it won't walk out the door by itself and I don't think the typical smash and grab burglars around here would have time to successfully open it. Looks pretty nice, lots of room, I think its made by Brownell?

Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    Thanks for the link! After the research, I think I'm going to go for a Sturdy Safe, it will bump the purchase out quite a ways, but It seems like a really good quality safe for a good value.

Thanks,
    Clay
    I finally broke down and bought a safe this last summer. I bought a Sturdy (3224-6 w/fire protection) and am very happy with it. I did a lot of research and decided on more metal and less gimmicks.
    TY54712

Thanks,
    Clay
    I bought a Sturdy Safe vault door for my safe/gun room, and have been completely satisfied. I ordered it while in Afghanistan, and their reps were great to deal with. It arrived as scheduled and the installation was easy following their directions, , well about as easy as hanging a 700lb door can be. Some say their safes are pretty plain, but itís actually attractive in a utilitarian sort of way.

Seriously, I have nothing but praise for the company and their product.

Chuck

homo homini lupus est

I bought a Fat boy Jr.
    Good value in my opinion, while not the cheapest and not the most expensive...its almost 800lbs and gives a decent fire rating. I lagged it to the floor and I don't believe it will be a good carrying case for thieves

You can look at this brand, Stack-On. I would rather recommend it, or you can go to Gun Safe Rating, read some articles about Gun Safe, which might be helpful for you. Good Luck, man

I can't stress this too strongly.

Get one twice as big as you think you need. (Ask me how I know.)
    Ianthin likes this.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ó George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

30 gun safe only hold 15 That is good. Not that bad but you are right they will never hold what it claims .
    There are many good affordable ones out here. You should look for something that will stand up to fire for at least 20-30 minutes depending where you put it. 1 hour ones the price really goes up. Watch the local places for sales . Last one I bought was discounted about $300 . They just had to many in stock and Vaults were not moving as fast as they expected.
    As others have said go bigger or plan on getting two.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I'm wondering if someone could point me towards a good value gun safe. Something fairly large, 30 gun capacity or so (Seems like if the company says 30 guns, it can really hold about 15).

Thanks!
    Clay

Take a look at this product to maximize the storage area in a gun safe.

Redefining Gun Racks | Rifle Rods Info Page | Gun Storage Solutions
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

I bought a Stack On safe from Wamart...good value and heavy enough so you can't run away with it. I think for the money it is a good value.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links