Check out how CNN treats Marine who wrote letter to Di Fi

This is a discussion on Check out how CNN treats Marine who wrote letter to Di Fi within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 One that I know of. Two. I stand with Joshua and Mike (please imagine a flag waving behind us.)...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Check out how CNN treats Marine who wrote letter to Di Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    One that I know of.
    Two. I stand with Joshua and Mike (please imagine a flag waving behind us.)
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    But see, she needs it. You're just... well... let's just say you aren't a senator.
    She's a hireling, nothing more. But she's treated like a national treasure by those with vested interests in her continuing to do her dirty-work.

The truly ugly part of it all is: she keeps getting voted back in; and the damage keeps getting done. At the end of the day, the People are to blame.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    At the end of the day, the People of California who allow the special interests to keep sneding her back to DC term after her term are to blame.
    I hope you don't mind....I inserted a phrase in Italics into your comment.

CNN/Communist Nations Network is pathetic. Save yourselves from HighBlood pressure by steering clear from this Network..

I think she did a great job - and he did a very good job in return.

1. She wasn't combative. Moreover, she seemed to be respectful of him and didn't try any "trap questions." That doesn't mean she didn't ask a couple tough questions, or correct him when he stated something that she had more information about, but that's being a good journalist.

2. She also threw up a number of softball questions for him to hit out of the park. He missed on none of them, and his last answer was a grand slam. "Unconstitutional laws are not laws."

3. The only bias in this piece was the first picture of him standing in front of a bunch of guns. The rest of them, were him as a soldier.

4. Here's where she actually earned my respect: she began wrapping up the segment and he started to say something else. She stopped and gave him time to speak without interruption, then engaged him again, instead of blowing the comment off like it wasn't worth listening too.

All in all, it's probably the closest I've seen to non-biased journalism on gun control yet.

Quote Originally Posted by royal barnes View Post
    She asked direct and specific questions and he responded with direct and specific answers. I saw no problem with either side. If this is what some of you are calling one-sided media coverage you need to do some more looking.
    are you kidding? she was INCREDIBLY snarky.

Mr.Boston

Is it just me or did I miss the fact of the reporter not thanking Mr.Boston for his service to this country? What a disrespectful vermin. She obviously did NOT agree with him on anything. I'll be you if something bad happened to her she would be begging for a weapon to defend herself with.

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    are you kidding? she was INCREDIBLY snarky.

I agree. She was very very "Snooty" against his views and answers. No moron could argue that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximpactguns View Post
    Is it just me or did I miss the fact of the reporter not thanking Mr.Boston for his service to this country? What a disrespectful vermin. She obviously did NOT agree with him on anything. I'll be you if something bad happened to her she would be begging for a weapon to defend herself with.
    Does that REALLY bother you...frankly I am annoyed with the constant "thanking of my service" from folks I don;t know, don't know me, or otherwise doing it because it is the "in" thing to do. No one thanked me for my service before 9/11 and it did not bother me then.

I understand that some folks need that and that is cool. Everyone is different. If the marine is offended he can speak for himself. I woould not want you t lose any sleep about it if I was th eone up there and no one thanked me.......just not a big deal and leave it to the individual. Besides,,,how do yo know she did not do it before or after. Did it have to be in your presecence?

Soory if that was snarky LOL

EDIT: I did not know it was her job to agree with him on anything.........
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    suntzu:

I could be wrong here, but early on, one poster mentioned "Hypocracy"---I think he was NOT refering to the reporter, but was was calling Sen. Feinstein a hypocrite for having armed guards and her own Calif. CCL yet engaging in all the anit-gun rhetoric. (I may be mistaken)
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    suntzu:

I could be wrong here, but early on, one poster mentioned "Hypocracy"---I think he was NOT refering to the reporter, but was was calling Sen. Feinstein a hypocrite for having armed guards and her own Calif. CCL yet engaging in all the anit-gun rhetoric. (I may be mistaken)
    Nope...I think you are correct......
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougb View Post
    The other stations present news, but not one story all day long day after day until another tragedy appears. Also removes Piers from your life.
    Not entirely true.
    As a conservative, I am not so blind to see that ALL media outlets have a agenda..Yes; even FOX.

Getting to the truth is difficult if we depend on the media to tell us what it is.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

It does an American citizen proud to see a Marine defending America against all enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC.
    3wggl likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Two. I stand with Joshua and Mike (please imagine a flag waving behind us.)
    I'll take care of the flag.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links