Good story on GMA this morning - schools protecting themselves.

This is a discussion on Good story on GMA this morning - schools protecting themselves. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2580664&page=1 This was on GMA this morning. It is a great idea that should be in every school. Notice however the first line under the ...

Thread: Good story on GMA this morning - schools protecting themselves.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2580664&page=1

This was on GMA this morning. It is a great idea that should be in every school. Notice however the first line under the title, "Safety Experts Worried About Program That Teaches Students Ways to Take Advantage Away From School Shooters". This is how they keep the sheep mentality in this country. "Experts" say don't fight back, the Government will protect you. Only the "experts" are qualified to handle these situations. Trouble is those "experts" are never around when you need them. Who are these so-called "experts" anyway? There should be a comprehensive program in schools that includes self-defense being taught as part of gym class. Teachers should be armed with at least some form of pepper spray if not a more lethal defensive weapon IMHO. Fighting for your life should never be discouraged.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Assistant Administrator
    Joe - we have a thread on this basic subject tho your link is of course a fresh one. I'll try and add the link to other thread for completeness' sake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here we go - Janq's thread

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=15468
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thanks P95.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Definition of an expert: Pronounced x-spurt, "x" is an unknown quantity, and a "spurt" is a drip under pressure.

Yes, the so-called "experts" want you to believe that you are incapable of doing anything at all without their guidance and assistance (and, of course, you'll have to pay them in some way for that!).

Thumbs down What an idiot!

I am so tired of listening to these pacisifst cowrds make assenine statements like this:

""Rushing a gunman with scissors or staplers or a book might cause a gunman to shoot that person on the spot," he said."

As if there is some advantage to more people being shot at a later time?
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Assistant Administrator
    Have to add in another definition of an expert -

"An expert is someone who learns more and more, about less and less - until they know everything about nothing"!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lew
    Ask any one person how they are most afraid of dieing and they will come up with an answer. It doesn't matter what. Drowning, shot, hung, stabbed, heartattack, car accident or even magic. What they miss is that being killed in any of these methods or any other, the end result is exactly the same. You are dead. So how can one be any worse than the other? The end result is exactly the same.

In the case of a school teaching the children what it means to be a hero and try to save other lives, they are missing the point. The child that leads the assult is at risk of being shot. Yes, I agree he is. Is he at any higher risk of being shot than he was the second before he charged? No. So the only difference is that in one case, he is a victim and the other a hero. He is a sheep, and the other he is a sheepdog. What would you rather have with you? A herd of sheep or a pack of sheepdogs?

In the infamous words of B A Baracus... "I'd Piddy da Fool, who messed widh dess kids!"
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

I am learning so much just listening to you guys go back and forth. TG my husband kept after me to peruse......
    Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid. ~Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    As if there is some advantage to more people being shot at a later time?
    Of course there is, you are easier for the shooter to hit, and you have the opportunity to be questioned about your faith, and reply......

Versus, say, grabbing the rifle, pulling the muzzle behind you, causing a discharge, while your dominant hand on the reciever blocks rearward travel of the bolt, causing a FTF. Which might allow someone else to gig the shooter in the kidney with some safety-tip scissors . But that would require individual initiative, and appropriate expression of agression- something Public Schools strongly discourage.

Has anyone really looked at that word, "discourage"? "Dis"- negate, remove.......... get your kids' student handbook, and see in what contexts they use the term. Interesting......

""Rushing a gunman with scissors or staplers or a book might cause a gunman to shoot that person on the spot," he said."
    ... as if the gunman is merely there (with an Uzi) minding his own business and it would be the fault of the onrushing innocents if anything happened. It's this kind of thinking that so-called (self-proclaimed) "experts" push on an unsuspecting sheep populace, and it's this thinking that gets folks killed. The flipside of the coin is, of course, that a dozen folks doing the same thing might well end up terminating the criminal and his rampage. But then, none of these folks would be eligible for the experts' discount prosteletizing rate.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    I seem to recall that the U. S. Army taught at one time that the best way to survive an ambush was to assault into it. That still seems the best advice to me....

Links