Gun Show today in Lexington Ky

This is a discussion on Gun Show today in Lexington Ky within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Went to the show today, with reluctance because I figured everything would be jacked up. Much to my suprise, I found plenty of AR 30 ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By glockman10mm
  • 1 Post By Mike1956

Thread: Gun Show today in Lexington Ky

Went to the show today, with reluctance because I figured everything would be jacked up. Much to my suprise, I found plenty of AR 30 round mags, AR 15 rifles, and even found and purchased some 20 round mags for my M1A for 25.00 a piece.

The AR rifles were still way too high, but I did not see anyone buying them, actually alot of people laughed and moved on after looking at the prices.

Suprisingly, there were alot of people bringing ARs to sell or trade.

I found plenty of ammo for my M1A, and it wasnt as bad as I thought.

Maybe the insanity is starting to subside?
    aus71383 likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    The only gun show I've been to around here lately didn't offer anything I had to have (Like a .41 BH! ;-) or priced where I just couldn't pass it up. That was just before the election. I skipped the latest one a couple of weeks ago as I figured it'd be a mad house. I certainly hope folks get their hoarding biins filled so the world can return to normalcy.

And a vote for our side. In the background on TV I just heard Homer Simpson say, "If Jesus had a gun he'd still be alive today." I almost bust a gut laughing.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I was in Lexington this past week and there was ammo at every gun shop and range that I went to (not at Wal-mart), unlike in Atlanta right now. Guess them Kentucky boys was a little better prepared then these Georgia folks when the panic set in.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I went too, and was surprised that ammo was still cheap. They did not have LOTS of it, but still available.

Good to hear, but I think it may be a geographic/political thing. People here are already screwed, they know it could get worse so they are freaking out.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Went to the show today, with reluctance because I figured everything would be jacked up. Much to my suprise, I found plenty of AR 30 round mags, AR 15 rifles, and even found and purchased some 20 round mags for my M1A for 25.00 a piece.

The AR rifles were still way too high, but I did not see anyone buying them, actually alot of people laughed and moved on after looking at the prices.

Two people have called me in the last three days offering to sell me one of the multiple AR's they bought recently. Lots of people are laughing and moving on.
    aus71383 likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post

I don't think the panic has sub sided. The people that go to gun shows are gun collectors as well as informed gun users. They usually consist of people that already have guns and are looking for a special gun or to see about a great deal or bulk ammo purchases. The panic buyers are the non gun people that go to gun shops and sporting good stores (where the shelves are bare). The panic buyers are ssaying, got to get it now, so they are not as selective as someone that would go to a gun show. My 2 cents anyway.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    One of the dealers from here in Berea was there and he said it was pretty good all things considered. I had intended on going but changed my mind at the last minute. I am a small niche market dealer with customers not among the mainstream firearms buyer. One thing for sure it is a sellers marker out there right now.

Regards
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

What a nice thread to start. Thanks,

Austin

Sponsored Links