UBR Collapsible Stock - have an opportunity to get one

This is a discussion on UBR Collapsible Stock - have an opportunity to get one within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In my work I occasionally have interactions with different law enforcement. Today I was working with a local PD officer and conversations came to guns. ...

Thread: UBR Collapsible Stock - have an opportunity to get one

UBR Collapsible Stock - have an opportunity to get one

In my work I occasionally have interactions with different law enforcement. Today I was working with a local PD officer and conversations came to guns. I told him I was in the process of building an AR and he offered to sell me one. He got it when a friend of the family gave him a bunch of gun stuff when a relative of theirs died.

Anyway it is a Magpul UPR collapsible stock. He wants 100 for it. I wasn't planning on spending that much on it but current prices are showing well over 200.

Is anyone familiar with these?
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I"m pretty sure they use there own style buffer tube therefore you maybe changing a the tube which i don't believe works with anything else. I mean they look cool and starship trooperish, but I'm a big fan of the CTR stock.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I was/have been considering the CTR - but this is in hand, right now, no wait, no shipping and handling charges, and it is new, in the box all the parts are there.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    cool than its a smoking deal!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Sounds like a good deal. I have one - it's a nice stock. It doesn't take a standard buffer tube. You might want to ask the guy if it's stock only or buffer tube included. ("Entry Length Receiver Extension") is what it takes. Apparently (according to the Magpul website) they all ship with tubes now - when I got mine it was optional. I have a Sully stock that takes the same tube.

In any case - you'll be pleased with the stock. That is a steal of a price. If for some reason you don't like it - you'll have no problem selling/trading it.

Austin

Sponsor
    Great price for a UBR if it comes with the receiver extension. I love the UBR but it is a good bit heavier than any other MP offerings.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Links