When the current Panic Buying Stops - What are you going to buy?

This is a discussion on When the current Panic Buying Stops - What are you going to buy? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well just think, If there is a ban.... can we go to mexico and get our weapons from them ? If there is a ban ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: When the current Panic Buying Stops - What are you going to buy?

Well just think, If there is a ban.... can we go to mexico and get our weapons from them ? If there is a ban we all could hit the mexican gun shows.

2. Remove Ads

1) ammo
    2) nano

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    It's not the price, it's the availability. AR10 . My friend at the LGS will be checking with Armalite tomorrow ( trade show ) on the expected wait time for new orders.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

primers and powder. Brother was at the local gun show last weekend and a guy in front of him bought, and I believe what I was told, $768 in PRIMERS... Now someone check my math,

Assuming you were buying cheap primers and got a bulk purchase discount, 1000 primers = $20. Thus, giving him 38.4 boxes, call it 38 for this excercise, then each box containing 1000 primers, he walked out of the gun show, I unintentionally wrote FUN SHOW, which I thought about leaving and rolling with it, but I digress.... Therefore, he walked out with 38,000 primers.... DATS A WATT OF PWIMAS.
    MikeXD40

and probably a few more mags
    MikeXD40

If things do settle down, I'd like to pick up something along the lines of an AR-10.

actually they do make a noncrew served version of a gatling cannon. I've fired it. TOTALLY AWSOME I'm telling you what. it's a 7.62mm lazer...shoots 3000+ rounds a minute and is battery opperated. if I could find my link I'd post it here cause it will give you wood like no tomarrow. picture an army helo flying sideways on a run at dusk almost dark and all you see is a beam of red steaming across the sky splashing hell on set up targets. Sparks fly due to bullets shreading their targets. it's truely a sight to see so I'll be searching for it cause it's really that cool.

http://www.military.com/video/aircra.../660208133001/

http://www.military.com/video/guns/m...1178480701001/

these aren't the right ones but still funny as hell
    ANGLICO likes this.

One AR-15, but it depends on what laws are passed and the price of the AR-15.

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    Glock 20 Gen4

Of course, the only reason I didn't buy one before this was because they're so hard to get ahold of. If a highcap mag ban doesn't go through, then a few more mags for my rifles.
    Actually, if a highcap mag ban DOES go through, then I'll be buying a lot more mags for my rifles. Because, they'll hold fewer rounds...
    Last edited by livewire; January 10th, 2013 at 03:09 PM. Reason: grammar
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

I don't think I'd buy an "assault rifle " although I think it would be a heck of a fun time to rock full auto I tend to be more conservative with my ammo.

What I have been wanting to buy for a few years and just never dedicated the funds towards it is one of those sweet simi auto ar15s. Right before the panic buying started I was eyeballing one made by Windham weaponry the the local Walmart. It was everything I wanted in my first ar... flat top reciever ...adjustable stock...and chambered in 5.56/.223... for my first one I decided I didn't need bucket seats and a cup holder. Price tag was $799 and some change.

My thought was I'll wait until after Xmas and then get it....well we all know how that went.

Funny side note. I was in Walmart today picking up a few things and I stopped by the gun section just to window shop. All they had out was bolt actions and pump action shotguns. I asked the guy working the counter when they would have ARs back in stock and he said we don't sell those. I said you did a couple weeks ago. He said we don't sell those because Congress took them away. Dumbfound I just smiled and walked away.

When the current Panic Buying Stops - What are you going to buy?

Ammo. And a 338 Lupa

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock40cal View Post
    I asked the guy working the counter when they would have ARs back in stock and he said we don't sell those. I said you did a couple weeks ago. He said we don't sell those because Congress took them away. Dumbfound I just smiled and walked away.
    Amazing, see my signature, lol.

I will be buying

1) AMMO
    2) AMMO
    3) AMMO

I have some stockpiled for SHTF or whatever but got caught with nothing much for plinking and range trips.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I desperately need some 9mm ammo for my new G19 that I haven't shot yet. I also need some 5.56 for my AR so I can get some time in on it. I'll probably buy some more .22LR ammo so I'll have enough for some plinking sessions this Summer.

Panic Buying 2013

I have to admit to a little Panic buying myself, bought a couple of extra hi-cap mags just in case, for my AR P-MAGS, AK MAG and Ruger 10-22 BX-25 MAG. As for once things calm down just some 22lr ammo I will be using up this season in the 22LR silhouette shoots/match this spring and summer. Very hard to find 22LR ammo right now, I just hope I have enough stock to make it through the shooting season 2008-2009 was a pain in the butt the last time this happened.
    Last edited by Nick1364; January 14th, 2013 at 03:46 PM. Reason: edit

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Accessories.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links