Quick question - Page 3

Quick question

This is a discussion on Quick question within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Question Hypothetically speaking, someone has a id and resides in nyc purchases a gun elsewhere. Can he keep it in his summer ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Quick question

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Question View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, someone has a id and resides in nyc purchases a gun elsewhere. Can he keep it in his summer home which has no gun laws (ie:pensylvania) despite the fact that his real id is for nyc and has no gunlisences in nyc.
    By the way, you might want to ask your attorney if Pennsylvania has gun laws. I'm pretty sure he/she will tell you that they do have gun laws in Pennsylvania.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Wait! I thought this was gonna' be a...quick question? Fer Pete's sake, would someone please agree with the OP that it's a GREAT idea to do whatever he has planned? Now excuse me while I pack my guns and head for the unrestricted Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    Hypothetically speaking, someone has a id and resides in nyc purchases a gun elsewhere. Can he keep it in his summer home which has no gun laws (ie:pensylvania) despite the fact that his real id is for nyc and has no gunlisences in nyc.
    Hypothetically speaking, do you have an I.D. that is not a "real id"?
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Thanks, it actually upstate ny, im resident of State but not same county

My id is for new York county

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    A permit to in nyc takes over 6 months, and i want to hunt, nowish

I want to aquire something which i will keep on land outside of the city

So, i suppose everyone here lives outside big cities
    The key here is NYC can't charge you with a crime--even if it were, and I doubt it is--that occurs outside its juridiction. You haven't violated a NYC law if you don't have a firearm in NYC. Like most here on this forum, having no full knowledge of NY state laws and personally, no need to ever know them, we can only give our best guess or opinions, and your best option to find the legal answer to your question is to contact a lawyer well versed in NY gun laws.
    Question likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The key here is NYC can't charge you with a crime--even if it were, and I doubt it is--that occurs outside its juridiction. You haven't violated a NYC law if you don't have a firearm in NYC. Like most here on this forum, having no full knowledge of NY state laws and personally, no need to ever know them, we can only give our best guess or opinions, and your best option to find the legal answer to your question is to contact a lawyer well versed in NY gun laws.
    Sounds helpful, thanks.

VIP Member
    I know people from OH. that used to drive to their cabin in Northern Mi. and they always had firearms there.
    I know people can come from out of state and hunt and bring their own firearms with them to do so, and handguns they must abide by the rules unless they have a CC from their home state that MI honors.
    That was a long time ago, when I think the Attorney General of the US still hunted and fished, (I am not real certain about that), and we never thought anything about it.
    I would think keeping a long gun of some sort would be legal, but that advice is worth about what you paid for it.
    I would also advise you to inquire with a lawyer on this matter.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links