Great article, proof that guns reduce crime

This is a discussion on Great article, proof that guns reduce crime within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Forget everything that you've been told about guns. Ignore the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution. Disregard all of the dramatic press reports. Regardless of ...

Thread: Great article, proof that guns reduce crime

Great article, proof that guns reduce crime

Forget everything that you've been told about guns. Ignore the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution. Disregard all of the dramatic press reports. Regardless of how good the arguments on either side of this issue may seem to their proponents, most of them will have absolutely no effect upon their detractors. That is because they do not answer the single most important question to all involved.
    Great Article
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Your fed governernment don't care! They just want to round them up! Its not about our protection or safety its about control.
    The feds are going to run out of money and when they do the free stuff will dry up. They want the sheep to be unarmed when they start to say no to the welfare checks. OF course the other countries want us to be unarmed.

YES it is a good article!

"The most revealing fact in the gun-control controversy is that among all of the criminologists who have ever changed their opinion on gun control, EVERY LAST ONE has moved from a position supporting gun control to the side skeptical of gun control and not the other way around... NOT EVEN ONE! Think about the significance of that one simple fact."

Unless he spoke to EVERY criminologist on the face of the planet or can site a survey that spoke to every criminologist on the planet then that claim has absolutely no validity. Worse, (in my opinion) he stated it was a fact. Can he back that fact up? Maybe. Let's see.

Bonus points to the first person that can tell me which logical fallacy this statement is a glaring example of -

"I challenge any of my readers to provide even one single example of any criminologist who has had his work, skeptical of gun control, published in a respected professional journal and then later published works supporting it"

He uses that statement to support the first statement that he makes. Even more bonus points for the first person that can tell me what happens to a theory when it is based on a logical fallacy.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Links