Where to store firearms when traveling

This is a discussion on Where to store firearms when traveling within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am going to be traveling to take a training class soon. I will be staying at a hotel/motel with an AR15 and a Glock ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By NMB
  • 2 Post By Stevew

Thread: Where to store firearms when traveling

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Where to store firearms when traveling

I am going to be traveling to take a training class soon. I will be staying at a hotel/motel with an AR15 and a Glock 19. I will be visiting for the first few days and will not have the weapons with me. I need a place to store them in the hotel/motel while I am gone.

I do not know if the hotel/motel will have a safe, or even if they do, will they be "nervous" that I have a firearm stored there.

Any suggestions on where to keep them safe?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

NMB
    Keep them with you in the trunk of your car?

I would never leave a firearm unattended in a hotel room. Ever.
    aus71383 likes this.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Forget your hotel/motel! Take them to a local gun store & explain your circumstances. If the store owner is a genuine gun-guy he'll tag them like they're in for cleaning and/or repair & you can pick 'em up once you're back in town. Buy something from him to show your appreciation. You're happy, he's happy...problem solved!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Oops, too slow. I need to learn to type faster.

Perhaps a local gun shop would store them for you.

Another member suggested, one time when traveling into Canada, pawning the items at a pawn shop, and then retrieving the items when they were returning.

Another suggestion would be to leave your guns with a local gun shop, or gunsmith, for "cleaning," and then picking them up when they have been thoroughly cleaned.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Contact the person giving the class. He may have a safe that he will let you store your guns in.
    ExactlyMyPoint and aus71383 like this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't know about an AR, but I once secured my Glock in the hotel's safe. The clerk handed me what appeared to be like a safe deposit box. I placed my gun in it, locked it, and took the key. He then placed it in the safe. He never blinked an eye, obviously having done it before.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links