Post pro or anti OC/CC businesses on this map, browse!

This is a discussion on Post pro or anti OC/CC businesses on this map, browse! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We should update this as much as possible. The site is a bit cumbersome to navigate right now, but I'm sure they will make it ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AdBro
  • 1 Post By AdBro

Thread: Post pro or anti OC/CC businesses on this map, browse!

We should update this as much as possible. The site is a bit cumbersome to navigate right now, but I'm sure they will make it better.

To view businesses around you, click map. To add businesses, click add rating. You may need to be a member to add ratings but it's easy.

Let's make this as comprehensive as possible!

Friend or Foe - Pro and Anti Gun Business Database
    GGGreg likes this.

VIP Member
    That's a great idea. I'll have to start paying attention to the gun buster signs and update that map accordingly!
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    That's a great idea. I'll have to start paying attention to the gun buster signs and update that map accordingly!
    it's actually a lot of fun.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    it's actually a lot of fun.
    Yeah it is. With the KS and especially the MO laws, the gun buster signs are all but irrelevant, so I don't honestly pay them any attention. I could only think of a couple but I stuck them in. I've bookmarked that site and I'll start paying more attention just to flag the good and the bad!
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Yeah it is. With the KS and especially the MO laws, the gun buster signs are all but irrelevant, so I don't honestly pay them any attention. I could only think of a couple but I stuck them in. I've bookmarked that site and I'll start paying more attention just to flag the good and the bad!
    yea but i'd rather support a business that supports 2A than one that doesn't
    TX expat likes this.

found out my local indoor range is anti open carry

Quote Originally Posted by WINTEJER000 View Post
    lol

well gander mountain gun world here is anti CC or OC...which is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by WINTEJER000 View Post
    lol

RT
    lol

That's odd considering their corporate policy is to allow CC or OC as state law allows. ETA: I've never had an issue in any Gander Mountain store I've ever been, and I OC quite often.

Gander Mountain Open and Concealed Carry Policy

Perhaps a call or email to their corporate office is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    That's odd considering their corporate policy is to allow CC or OC as state law allows.

Gander Mountain Open and Concealed Carry Policy

Perhaps a call or email to their corporate office is in order.
    interesting.

see- i don't know if there are other "gun worlds" but gun world is gander's store by us that JUST sells guns/hunting stuff. it's really a beautiful place. but at the front door it has a sign that says "while we respect the second amendment and your right to carry, we must ask that you please leave any loaded firearms in your vehicle" and so on. it's really odd. i know gander broke ties with the NRA last year because of people protesting gander mountain over it. so who knows.

Been looking for a site like this. Looks like a couple locals already have quite a few businesses tagged, thanks!

lol

Never had a problem at our Gander.

I do have some reservations about a database like this. I understand the need for a database that keeps track of all businesses posted.

The flaw I see for keeping track of businesses that are not posted is that these locations may not of actually made a "choice" to be pro-2A. They may not of thought to put up a sign or figured people wouldn't carry there.

If there is one of those nice "we encourage concealed carry" signs- then I understand added them to the list of being pro-2a. But if there is no sign, having a database is bringing attention to that establishment that might provoke signs going up. It would be like calling ahead of time to see if you can carry somewhere. It brings attention to an issue that the business may not of thought about and once they think about it- a sign may go up.

I like to think any place that doesn't have a sign is pro 2A but I have come to learn that a lot of places just don't think about it and when you bring it up some are like "oh ya- we should probably get a sign"

Quote Originally Posted by TKshooter View Post
    I do have some reservations about a database like this. I understand the need for a database that keeps track of all businesses posted.

The flaw I see for keeping track of businesses that are not posted is that these locations may not of actually made a "choice" to be pro-2A. They may not of thought to put up a sign or figured people wouldn't carry there.

If there is one of those nice "we encourage concealed carry" signs- then I understand added them to the list of being pro-2a. But if there is no sign, having a database is bringing attention to that establishment that might provoke signs going up. It would be like calling ahead of time to see if you can carry somewhere. It brings attention to an issue that the business may not of thought about and once they think about it- a sign may go up.

I like to think any place that doesn't have a sign is pro 2A but I have come to learn that a lot of places just don't think about it and when you bring it up some are like "oh ya- we should probably get a sign"
    you can give them a negative, neutral, or positive rating. unless carry in encouraged, i usually just give a neutral rating if some place doesnt have a sign.

Sponsored Links