Wyoming House Bill No. HB0104 Firearm Protection Act

This is a discussion on Wyoming House Bill No. HB0104 Firearm Protection Act within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Wyoming House Bill No. HB0104 – Firearm Protection Act what do you think, will it pass, is it useless, will the feds care? Discuss...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Wyoming House Bill No. HB0104 Firearm Protection Act

Wyoming House Bill No. HB0104 – Firearm Protection Act

what do you think, will it pass, is it useless, will the feds care? Discuss
    shadowwalker likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Sounds like a "States Rights" issue which will be interesting given the marijuana laws recently passed in Washington and Colorado.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I was thinking something similer, but not sure if the feds will do like they did with montana and the speedlimits on interstates. They withheld funding for the interstates untill they changed their laws.

VIP Member
    Here's a link of the basic text to send your your state legislators and ask them to introduce similar legislation.

2nd Amendment Preservation Act – Tenth Amendment Center
    WINTEJER000 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I feel like I'm back in 1858...
    BugDude likes this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

As I have mentioned in several posts that our first line of defense is going to be at the state level and we should all be pressing our state represntatives to pass similar legislation.

A few of the states, (and it now appears Wyoming is one of them), has already taken point on this and we should spend a lot of our efforts at the state level.

Shortly after Katrina my state, as well as many others passed legislation which prohibits guns from being consfiscated during disasters or by some sort of "declaired emergency." We are trying to get those laws strengthened and address future gun ban issues.
    TX expat and goldshellback like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I only hope the legeslators in my state will have the gonads to introduce a bill like that here in North Carolina.
    STAND UP AGAINST TYRANNY!

Donnie D
    Ctger05 likes this.
    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    As I have mentioned in several posts that our first line of defense is going to be at the state level and we should all be pressing our state represntatives to pass similar legislation.

A few of the states, (and it now appears Wyoming is one of them), has already taken point on this and we should spend a lot of our efforts at the state level.

Shortly after Katrina my state, as well as many others passed legislation which prohibits guns from being consfiscated during disasters or by some sort of "declaired emergency." We are trying to get those laws strengthened and address future gun ban issues.
    Absolutely correct. I will be drafting a new letter to my state legislators tonight or tomorrow and asking them to introduce similar legislation.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

RT
    Already contacted my state legislators. Hopefully they have the stones to introduce the legislation. If not, I guess I'll just keep spreading the word and burning up their phone lines and inboxes.

I think SC is proposing a similar bill. To allow the citizens in this state to not comply with ANY Federal Regulation regarding firearms. And also make no bans on assault style weapons made IN THE STATE of SC. Good luck Wyoming!!!

I may need to move north about 60 miles.

Distinguished Member
    Hooray for Wyoming! I wish the other 49 states would follow in their footsteps.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnieD View Post
    I only hope the legeslators in my state will have the gonads to introduce a bill like that here in North Carolina.
    STAND UP AGAINST TYRANNY!

Donnie D
    I'm from North Cackalacky, visit family there often. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Here in Florida, the gunshine state, I would not be surprised one bit. Heck, where out here on a peninsula...we're only one canal from Jacksonville to Tallahassee away from breaking away.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

you know what the sad thing is... there's no way in hell obumer would of even attempted to do any such act he's trying to do now on his first term. no way no how. and that's another reason why he got reelected to a second term. it's sad that he did and worse that we're all screwed. But you can blame mostly those that are taking entitlements from the government he's forming and soon this government will be taking severe action against those that wish to truely be left alone and for those that are speaking up there needs to be 10's of thousands more to back them up with voices as well. It will be the most horriffic thing when this government tries to do what Australia had done by stealing everyones guns away from them. God help this country when that day comes.

God help them

Quote Originally Posted by justintimeagain View Post
    you know what the sad thing is... there's no way in hell obumer would of even attempted to do any such act he's trying to do now on his first term. no way no how. and that's another reason why he got reelected to a second term. it's sad that he did and worse that we're all screwed. But you can blame mostly those that are taking entitlements from the government he's forming and soon this government will be taking severe action against those that wish to truely be left alone and for those that are speaking up there needs to be 10's of thousands more to back them up with voices as well. It will be the most horriffic thing when this government tries to do what Australia had done by stealing everyone's guns away from them. God help this country when that day comes.
    I have put a lot of thought into what I would do if the government came to my house and told me I would have to hand over my guns.
    It would be no different than giving up my religion, freedom of speech, my home or telling me what size family I could have and where I have to work.
    The list goes on and the more I think about it the more I realize that when that day comes and my country has changed so much that I can't recognize it
    anymore. My country will have died and I will be a man without a country. God help the government that takes our rights away.
    rayporsche likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links